Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You seem to know everything else.........

Just breaking chops a little!!!!!

Tom

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I would apply lyme in the spring, but first I would go and get a bag of Scotts weed killer and fertilizer, use a 15-20-15 blend and apply at a setting of 4.5 on your broadcast style spreader, apply just after a rain when the ground is wet to help the granuals stick to the grass. I would also raise your mower hieght to about 3" to avoid cutting to deep and burning the roots with hot sun. About mid spring, I would apply some turf builder at about the same setting on your spreader. Water regularly. It may be necc to use some grub killer depending on your growing area. I like to follow up in the fall with some Round-up over the entire lawn, because by now, it looks like hell! I have chosen rubber grass and some well placed rocks to disguise my yard and have found that painted concrete will give equally good results with low maint.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Lyme,

I know this Italian guy that carries a bag of lyme and a shovel in the trunk of his caddy

He has a shower curtain in there too..............

Says he's a landscaper or in pest control.........something

BAWAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA......................

GMC

p.s. I am Italian so no body go posting how insensitive I am.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Dam

That is funny Ratdoc

dmaxalliTech you are Da Man !!!!!

Next up selecting the puuurfect Thanksgiving Bird ,Turkey ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
43 Posts
Its lime not lyme. Lyme is the town in Ct that Lyme Disease is named for.

Apply lime in the fall, 1 week prior to applying a winterizing fert. Lime helps the lawn absorb the fert. Also, I would recommend you aerate the lawn with a power aerator. This helps with thatch. Always cut you lawn on your mowers highest setting. This helps promote better root growth and protects against drought and weeds.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Being a water treatment chemical sales person, the only thing lime does is to raise the pH of the ground. Different parts of the country have different pH soils. I am not an agronomist so I do not know at what pH grass grows the best, but I would get a soil analysis done before I would add lime. Here in the upper midwest our soil has a high pH so we have to add aluminum sulfate to lower it. ( How the heck did this diesel forum turn into an ag forum?
Edited by: 1tonchev

·
Registered
489 Posts
Please pay attention to this.

For a good number of years Lime has been an integral part of breaking down certain materials that are placed in a hole. I am not sure that it will work at this site but it does a great job of breaking down the Pooooopy.

·
Registered
819 Posts
On that note, I'm going to bed since my sides are hurting now.

I think I broke something when I fell on the floor.
The wife read it just to see why I couldn't breath.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts