Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do max egts happen at full throttle low rpm opperation or full throttle high rpm? And if it is low rpm whats considered low? 1500.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
This can vary quite widely. Some will see EGT's climb as the vehicle lugs, yet others will see it at upper RPM's.

Example: A stock truck will pull say about 1100-1200 on a 1500RPM hold on my dyno yet an overly aggressive big box will only hit 800-900. Sometimes there just is too much fuel in the fire to get a decent burn...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've seen my egt's reach 1473 in an 1/8 mile run on the hammer, but it's very unusual for me to get on it that hard for a long period. The max rpm's indicated 3791 also. That might tell the story. Boost max has been 25.6. I defuel all shifts and still run a 5.8 sec 0-60. I'm happy.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Trader Jack, stock tranny?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Trader Jack, that 25.6 psi max boost number looks to me like the max. default that the Attitude shows. Is that where you saw it? I've seen that on the Attitude while my SPA digital indicated closer to 35psi.

Max EGTs on any given truck will occur with your box set on the highest level, on the steepest hill, towing a big trailer, on a hot day, and you stab the throttle to pass a Ford. Your right foot dictates it.

I've seen my highest EGTs as it revs out in 4th under full throttle with the trailer, it sometimes takes a while for them to stabilize.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey Max -- Yes stock tranny so far . . . but I'm thinking real hard about what and when and who to do it right now. Need someone in the Cleveland - Pittsburgh - Erie - Buffalo areas. Like you I'm running 265's that are getting tortured on the rears right now.

Someone in my area let me know . . . I need to get the tranny done.

White Duramax -- First few times the rpm's showed 3400-3600 range . . . once the tranny got with it they went up even more. It scared me a bit. Those rpm's and egt are one one of those "short" 0-60 runs.

Runs and shifts real good right now . . . yes . . . my wife even noticed that on Sunday. She said " truck seem to be shifting better now, must be the dealer helped. I said " Yes, it is . . . the reflashing really helped (I didn't think it was the time to tell her that the Quad box sucked for shifting.) The Edge box is working much better in that dept.

socaldmax -

It did not occur on a long hill, no pulling, nothing. iI was on the Attitude on one my 1/8 mile jaunts on the highway near my home. I have not recorded these under pulling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts