Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the dealer today and he stated that it was too late to change the order to include the XM radio. I do have a TPW of 01-26-04. Does anyone know when the order is no longer able to be modifed? It's my own fault for not looking closer at the XM before I ordered, but I get the distinct impression that the dealer is not trying hard enough to change the order.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If it's gone to code 3100 on the VOMS (Vehicle Order Management System) you are comitted.

Mine has a TPW of 01-12-04 and it's been 3100 for three weeks now, so you may be out of luck. Make sure he knows how to use the VOMS, not all dealers do, or want to, then make him show you the computer screen. It's got a read out direct from GM and shows the dates of every step in the process so far.

If it's still at 3000, you can change it, but the dealer has to call and it will move your TPW back.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have great news that also might be helpful for other folks that have or will order new GMs. By way of help from some folks over at www.rv.net, I was successful in changing my order to include the XM. The dealer should also be given credit, as they were also working to change it without my knowledge. After confirming the change, the dealer said that it might slow my TPW for a week, but that is more than acceptable to me. He also stated that it was "unprecedented" to change an order this late in the process. I will have to take his word for it. Bottom line is we were able to add it and we could not be happier.

·
Registered
570 Posts
That's great news. It just makes you feel better knowing you're getting the truck you want, than to get it and say "I should have added the ____option".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts