Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much of an advantage does a ccsb have over a extendedcab sb? Being the extended cab weighs less you can ad more weight up front. Will this make up for the shorter truck? what is the weight difference? Thanks Roger

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has a oppinion:(

·
Registered
992 Posts
I would think the CCSb would be the hot ticket. More weight up front, good long stable platform. Around here the CCsbs seem to be the ones doing the best.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
My guess would be that a CC is a bigger advantage in a class where no front hanging weight is permitted. The longer wheelbase is an advantage with or without hanging weight. If I was buying a truck as a dedicated puller, I would wait for the CC-SB. Just my 02c

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you think the difference would be in feet? Thanks for the input guys!! Roger

·
Registered
268 Posts
How much weight can you get out fronw ith a cc/sb, ec/sb or ec/lb. In my little reg. cab I can get atleast 1800Lbs up front sometimes 2000 if its stripped.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
If wheelbase is the end all, why not do a CCLB or ECLB - Kyle, Evan
and Johnboy all seem to do pretty well.

If it were me, I'd buy the one that's the best deal if you can find a salvaged dmax out there. There are ways to make up for the wheelbase - especially with the power you're motor will throw down.

ECSB - 143.5
ECLB - 157.5
CCSB - 153.0
CCLB - 167.0

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
BigStriss;1598618; said:
How much weight can you get out fronw ith a cc/sb, ec/sb or ec/lb. In my little reg. cab I can get atleast 1800Lbs up front sometimes 2000 if its stripped.
With no weight reduction, I think I can hang 800. I'm just over with 900.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
i can hang anywhere from 1000-1100 on my truck ECLB

·
Registered
205 Posts
It seems that the dif. in weight between an EC/SB and EC/LB is very little. There are 2 EC/LB's in my family (ecc_33 is one), and they seem to weigh just about the same as my EC/SB. Fuel being the great equalizer between them, (with the LB's having a bigger tank).

I'd say go long!:D Then use any and all weight reduction tricks on the truck itself and load the front down to get it up to 8k lbs.

Or, I've also wondered about a dually. They seem to be a successful pulling platform for the Cummins (ie Severson and Pumphrey).

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
BigStriss;1598618; said:

My Crew Cab long bed ZF6 scooter model GMC Takes around 1300 to 1500lbs to make weight in a 8000 class. If pull a battery and the back seat run the fuel almost empty I can make weight in a 6200 class.

My truck is very light because it has almost no options. No power locks or windows, no power seats, no cruise, rubber floor mat with no sound deadener, and the ZF6.

If your wonder if wheel base matters check this out!

Work Stock Points

Calender, Dale CCLB
Marstiller, Bill CCSB (BIGBLOCKBILL)
Jordan, John CCLB (JOHNBOY)
Davis, Evan ECLB (OSUDURAMAX)

Street Deisel

Miller, Robert ECLB
Painter, Dan ECLB
Coppess, Terry ECLB
Smith, Rick CCLB

Super Street

Ingram, Brad ECSB
Meyers, Dustin ?
Severson, Craig ECLB
Straley, Jeremy ECLB
Michael, Kyle CCLB (Klye03d)

That should tell you if wheelbase matters.

I would look for a no option fleet truck. Go long and light. So you can hang as much as possible!:D

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Which configuration weighs more at the front axle? A ccsb with 700lbs hanging, a rclb with 1800lbs hanging, or a exsb with 1000lbs hanging.

These numbers should give the answers to which configuration is best.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Here are some dimensions in inches I got on the net for our trucks:
RC=Regular Cab, EC=Extended Cab, CC=Crew Cab
SB=Short Box, LB=Long box

Rear bumper to rear axle: SB: 47.2 LB: 52.1 (no matter the cab configuration)

Length: RCLB: 224.7, ECSB: 230.3, ECLB: 249.2, CCSB: 239.9, CCLB: 258.7
Wheelbase: RCLB: 133.0, ECSB: 143.5, ECLB: 157.5, CCSB: 153.0, CCLB: 167.0

Front Bumper to Front Axel: 39.4 (no matter the cab configuration)

Front Bumper to Back of Cab: RC: 116.5, EC: 141.4, CC: 150.9

Looking at DHRA Street rules now. I don't see a mounting point declared in the rules. Can you mount the hitch anywhere as long as the hooking point is flush with the tailgate?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I like the ecsb for hot street because you can hang a little more weight up front. Also if all the trucks are getting hung up in the same spot on the track the ecsb may be an advantage if your front end stops where the others do your gonna be a 1' or so in front of the longer trucks. In work stock where you cant hang weights longer the better. Thats just my opinion usally does'nt count for much.:D Jason

·
Registered
268 Posts
So what did you come up with Roger?

·
Registered
88 Posts
farmboystoy;1598492; said:
No one has a oppinion:(
Roger, do us dodge guys a favor and built a regular cab, better yet try a short bed !:D

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
bobo;1599254; said:
Here are some dimensions in inches I got on the net for our trucks:
RC=Regular Cab, EC=Extended Cab, CC=Crew Cab
SB=Short Box, LB=Long box

Rear bumper to rear axle: SB: 47.2 LB: 52.1 (no matter the cab configuration)

Length: RCLB: 224.7, ECSB: 230.3, ECLB: 249.2, CCSB: 239.9, CCLB: 258.7
Wheelbase: RCLB: 133.0, ECSB: 143.5, ECLB: 157.5, CCSB: 153.0, CCLB: 167.0

Front Bumper to Front Axel: 39.4 (no matter the cab configuration)

Front Bumper to Back of Cab: RC: 116.5, EC: 141.4, CC: 150.9

Looking at DHRA Street rules now. I don't see a mounting point declared in the rules. Can you mount the hitch anywhere as long as the hooking point is flush with the tailgate?

I just did some measuring on the wifes new ride. "The Tug" Chevy 07 Classic D/A CCSB Silver Birch. All things being the same hitch wise. The hitch length of the CCSB is 5" shorter than my oldskool CCLB. "The Boat"

All things being the same weght wise the CCSB has a slight advantage in the actual hitch force. According to the nifty calculator that BoBo linked to. Thanks Bobo. Now the disclaimer you must know how much weight you can actually hang to really figure this out.

My CCSB has the Allison and is pretty much load interior wise. No leather, power everything, truck weigths 7200lbs. That is 500lbs more than my CCLB ZF6 scooter model truck. The ZF truck also has Rhinolining, B/W turnover ball, 265 tires, stepbars, and no spare tire.

For me the old truck has advantage. I can hang more weight and have a longer wheelbase. That over comes its 5" hitch lenght disadvantage.:)

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
BigStriss;1608776; said:
So what did you come up with Roger?
I know what he did

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.