Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I special ordered an indigo blue dmax LT and the order info says bright side body moldings op code b85 and wheel flares op code b71. The question I have is will the flares and the moldings be body colored? The good news is shes produced I have a vin. I should have it soon now. Then the mod party will begin

Brett

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
IIRC, Chevy LT's and GMC SLT's have painted flares, all the others are black. I told my salesman yesterday if my SLT comes in with black fender flares, he's in trouble and an appointment with the body shop is in order.

Mine won't have the body mouldings since it's a Dooley, but the 1500's and 2500's I've looked at have a colored side moulding with a chrome strip in them.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Nope, my SLE has body color. I think its part of the 'bright side moldings' package.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The fender flares too?

·
Registered
747 Posts
My SLE has body color flares and chrome-ish body molding.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My 2003 Silverado HD CC LT dark green has painted fender flares. My neighbor has a 2003 Silverado LT CC LT dark red metallic has black fender flares. Not sure why some are black and others are painted. They both have the painted body side molding.

This has been discussed here before, a few months ago!!!! Edited by: BIGMoe

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Thanks for the information.

But you don't need to get your knickers in a knot....

This is important to folks waiting for, or ordering a new truck and the search engine doesn't always produce results when one doesn't know what terms to look for.

These forums are not all alike and it takes some time for the new folks to get accustomed to the generally accepted practices.

Sorry if we wasted your time.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Zeeb, you didn't wast anyones time. The question still hasn't been answered. I think it is something the dealer codes in when ordering the pickups. Sorry it looked like I had my nickers in a knot. Please accept my Apology!!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Okay, looks like I misunderstood the last line of your post. Apology accepted.

I, and I'm sure closs2sx, am just a little worried about mine showing up with the black flares. When I was over at the dealer's the other day, we even went out on the lot looking at some of the trucks, and even he couldn't explain what the criteria was for matching fender flares.

He even pointed out one of the dark red metallic HD's that was an SLE with black flares. So we figured the SLT's all had matching since all the SLT's on his lot had matching flares.

·
Registered
20 Posts
BIGMoe said:
My 2003 Silverado HD CC LT dark green has painted fender flares. My neighbor has a 2003 Silverado LT CC LT dark red metallic has black fender flares. Not sure why some are black and others are painted. They both have the painted body side molding.
When I was looking at the 2004's, all the 2500HD's I saw had painted side molding and wheel flares, except the ones with "sport red" paint (a dark metallic red, probably the same as mentioned above). I bought that color specifically to get the black flares, as I thought it made the truck look sportier and less large. The ones with all one color (including flares) seemed huge (especially the XCab Long Box versions), but the black flares on the sport red trucks visually broke up that huge appearance.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I agree that it does look good on that color. What got me was the last time I ordered a new Dooley, it was white like the one coming now, it had black flares but only on the front...

So the extended fenders for the back matched, the rest of the truck was white and the black flares on the front fenders, well.....

I had to have them painted and the paint for those is really spendy since it has to be flexible. Worst part was I wanted it done before driving it around in the bad weather of November, so it sat at the dealer's another week after it got here waiting to get into the body shop.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My '02 Dually 4x LT silverado came with black flares. buying another set to get them painted victory red. would like to get door handles for a cc painted but thats a little too much ching for now. maybe after I get JUICED ATTITUDE or BULLY DOG'd. AkDually61

·
Registered
646 Posts
Zeeb:

Yep, my '03 SLE has body color flares and the chrome molding. I just looked at the window sticker and can't see anything on it that indicates why. Since these differences occur in both SLE/LS and SLT/LT models, even those with the same color paint, there must be an option code for it somewhere.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
zeeb i did the lot thing last night and one of the sales man said because i have the option for bright body side molding and every truck ont the lot with bright body side moldings had painted to match wheel flares so we will see. I know the arrival blue comes with black moldings and flares but i special ordered indigo blue and I want color matched flares and moldings so if it doesnt come with it i will have to paint the flares and remove the moldings

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
I ordered my truck just the ay I wanted it, with all the goodies it's a Marine Blue SLT and it listed bright side moldings, yet it came with the black moldings. As a matter of fact I have yet to see a Marine Blue or Arrival Blue(Chevy's lesser version) with painted flares. I don't get it. Closs2sx are you sure you ordered indigo blue? It was replaced for 03 with arrival blue. You may want to check with your salesman make sure he's not a meatball. I'm pretty sure the only chevy truck you can order it indigo blue this year is a Colorado. Wouldn't that make for a surprise!

Ox

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to butt in, but I had written off a Chevy (still looking at GMC)based on the black fender flares. I emailed Chevy and got this reply, which seemed wishy-washy at best. "Front and rear wheel flares are an available option on the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado. Color may vary so we advise you contact your local dealership for information on color."

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Teeroy:

Welcome to the conundrum.....

Worst case scenario, you get them painted to match when it gets to you. From my experience and the others who have posted, no one seems to have a definitive answer.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
MY 04 2500HD has painted flares. I have sandstone metalic. It all depends on the color you get. Red has black fender flares and so does the blue. It breaks up the color. I had an 01 red and it was black then also.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just did a search for GM Option Codes, and it is in the code the dealer orders it. The B71 is MOLDING WHL OPENING, COLORED. I put the url below. I guess that answers the question for closs2sx, his will be painted!!!! I am going to bookmark that place. It will come in handy.

http://www.s-series.org/rpo/Edited by: BIGMoe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts