Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was woundering if anyone here has any pics of 265/75R16 on a set of 16x10 wheels? I like the look that the wider wheels give. Thanks.

Bryan

·
Registered
752 Posts
16x10

If I were you I wouldn't do it. I had a buddy who had a half ton with 265's on 16x10's and it didn't look good. The tires ballooned out so much. The tire shop didn't want to even mount them. Check out JM2500HD6.6's garage, he is running 285/75/16's on 16x10's. The truck looks good with that setup. I have 285's on 16x8's for the summer. Good luck on your choice.
-Nick-

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I can provide 16x8s w/ 285s if you would like.

Just let me know and I'll post them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can provide 16x8s w/ 285s if you would like.

Just let me know and I'll post them.
I have got the same. They look about right for that tire size IMO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, smokeshow, i would like to see some pics if you could post them up. Thanks agian. With the 285/75/16 and a 16x10 wheel, what type of lift did you have to have if any? Thanks. And any pics of this combo would be great.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Just to clarify mine are 16x8 w/ 285s. I have ZERO lift with these only some minor trimming of the front valance strapping of the wheel well liner and it does fine for street driving. It does, however, need some lift because if I go off-road it will rub. I just don't wanna crank my torsion bars and can't afford any lift at this point so I just have to hope I don't have to go off-road for a while. I'll likely put a 2 or 3" body lift on in the future.

Let me know if you still want me to post some pics. I have some pretty good ones showing where I trimmed and strapped too. Just let me know

C-ya

·
Registered
386 Posts
See my Garage, I have 16X8 Rims with 285/75/16, no lift, just trimming.

Bill

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, let me see some pics. And i really like the blowed out look of the 265 on the 10" wide wheel. A buddy of mine has a set on his truck, and its looks really sweet. But send the pics to me anyway. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Here is a side shot, front along side shot, trimming shot, and strapping shot.

IF I don't lift the truck, my next set of tires will be 265s probably. I just simply can't decide if I want to do a lift and keep the 285s (affraid of MPG loss) or go down in tire size and not lift it.

For now I LOVE the look!!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pics. I really appreciate them. Now i have yet another question. In order for me to get a 305/60/16 on a 16x10 wheel, on my truck, its an 02 2500 Duramax crew cab, what would i have to do? I have seen a few around here with that size of tires, but they have body lifts. Is there anyway i can fit these tires just by lifting the Tbars?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
probably not, those are going to be really wide and just as tall as the 285s. With those in a turn they are certain to hit a lot of stuff. You MAY be able to trim enough and crank enough but I would doubt it. (Sure as i say that someone will have done it though)

Mine still rub with the trimming and strapping I have shown and that is just street driving. If were to get offroad and articulating (what little a stock setup can articulate) I would be rubbing all over the place. For this reason (I tend to get off-road from time to time for hunting, fishing, truck pulls, etc) I am either going to have to lift (leaning towards body lift at this point as I prefer it over torsion bar cranking) OR go down to 265s on these rims. I haven't fully decided which I'll do. It probably depends on just how bad these 285s hurt my mileage.

Good luck.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Seriously people.... 5 T-Bar cranks and one Ziptie (which i have not done cause it doesn't bother me) thats ALL YOU HAVE TO DO for 305/70/16's

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
on aftermarket wheels that are 8" or even 10" those tires will be a good bit wider and I am almost positive you'll have rubbing issues. As I said, i could be wrong but I'd be surprised if I am.

Its the combintaion of the wider rim AND the offset of the aftermarket wheels that would cause those 305s to rub without more lift than a torsion bar can crank.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for your imput. So to all those people out there that have the 305/70/16 how much lift do you have/need to clear these tires? I think a 6" lift will be way to much for the 305. Are there any other smaller lifts out there that would better fit these tires?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Thanks for your imput. So to all those people out there that have the 305/70/16 how much lift do you have/need to clear these tires? I think a 6" lift will be way to much for the 305. Are there any other smaller lifts out there that would better fit these tires?
no lift.

stock. Turn the bolts on the tbars 5 times.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, thanks for the comments. But for the 305's im not going to put them on the stock wheels, i would not even put the 285 on the stockers, most i would do is a 265. So for the 305's i would be putting them on a 16x10 wheel with 4.75" of backspacing. Now, what would i have to do to fit these under my truck. I dont want alot of lift, just want enough to clear the tires, and be able to do a lil bit of off roading. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I suppose simplest suspension lift is torsion keys and blocks outback.

If I were to do a suspension lift, I'd go with a Rancho 4"

IF I ever do lift my truck, it'll likely just be a body lift because I don't need any better off-road ability, I just need the bigger tires to fit without rubbing in ANY situation.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
i had 16x10 mickey thompson classic II's on my old blue duramax.. i had 265 pro comp all terrains on them... the tires and wheels looked pretty sweet i thought... the rims did pull out the side walls on the tires alot.. i didnt have to crank my t bars for them too fit... my next set of tires and rims are gonna be 16x10 mickey t's on 285 bfg all terrains... im just gonna do alittle trimming and crank the t-bars alittle bit

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all of yalls comments. Can you fit the 285, on a 16x10 wheel with just cranking the TBars?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
along with trimming and a decent offset rim, probably

1 - 20 of 27 Posts