Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any pics of 265’s on stock wheels with 2” spacers on the rear? I would like to get a better idea how it looks before dropping $300.00 for spacers.
Thanks

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Can I ask why you would not just get a wider aftermarket wheel and tire? I am not real familiar with the use of spacers but I think you would have better use of your truck with wider wheels.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the way the front tires are even with the flares on the stock wheels, the rear track width is like 2.5" less and the tires are way inside the flares. WheelAdapter.com

·
Registered
396 Posts
I can get some tomorow, I run 265/75-16 Firestones with 1.5" rear spacers, they look fantastic!!! At least until I get the lift on.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
1.5" or 2", I prefer the 2", from FRED! He's the man. Maintains hub-centric so it's safe for any load you can throw at them. Wider wheels would compound the problem up front...

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I believe the studs on my 02 stick out about 1 7/8" . With 2" spacers, the bolt won't hit the wheel.
Some here have cut off the un-threaded tips of the studs, shortening them to allow narrower spacers.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
tysmith;1578618; said:
1.5" or 2", I prefer the 2", from FRED! He's the man. Maintains hub-centric so it's safe for any load you can throw at them. Wider wheels would compound the problem up front...
I've thought of 2" spacers for a while, but couldn't convince myself I wouldn't de-rate the rear axle weight carring capacity. I'm not an engineer, so I don't know what the extra stress on the wheel bearings really is.
I pull a 12.5K lbs 5ver, so my rear axle weight is near 6K lbs when loaded, and the last thing I want is to decrease my safety factor.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have had the 2" rear steel spacers on my truck for 2 1/2 years, 35000 miles ,25k loaded , work great! Nice wider stance!

·
Registered
396 Posts
modified;1578853; said:
Some here have cut off the un-threaded tips of the studs, shortening them to allow narrower spacers.
Bingo!:p:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have some pics of 2" spacers and 265's in my garage but only the inside wheels are stock. Outside are Alcoa Magnums.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
tysmith;1578618; said:
Do you have a link to these?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Big Macz - Did you have to cut your stock studs? I would like to go with 1 1/2" spacers, which would match the front track perfectly.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I have the 2" spacers on my wheels. The front and rear tracks now match almost perfectly. A great addition to my truck. My profile pic is PRIOR to the spacers. Note to self: update profile pic...

Jake

1 - 15 of 15 Posts