Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i put 305-50-20 tire on 20x10 -25 offset wheel with just a couple of t-bar turn and small triming (front bumper only and not the steel piece in the back ) without getting to much rubbing? I would appreciate to see some pic if somebody have a similar settup.

·
Registered
550 Posts
not sure how high your truck sits now, but you typically want around +10 for an offset with 20s on the silvys. we do 285-50-20s all day on 1/2 tons, so the 305s should fit on a 3/4 or 1 ton no prob.

you just don't want the wheels to stick out that far and out unwanted stress on bearings and balljoints.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My truck sit enough high to easily fit 305-70-16 on the stock rim without any rubbing even when offroading. I like the look of the wheel that stick out quite far. Is it really that hard on the bearings balljoint and suspension parts when you have big negative offset wheel like that? I want to buy these wheel cause i plan to lift my truck in the near future and i know that 0 and positive offset wheel will be hard to fit with the spindle lift-kit because they will create too much backspacing . This way i will be able to keep these wheel with the lift and will will only have to add bigger tire on instead of buying new one.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i dont think you will have much of a problem those tires are only 32x12s and im gessing the -25 offset will set you around 4.5-5" BS? what wheels are these btw?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes they have 4.5 of backspacing and they are Motto mt 700 wheel. I can buy them used (500 miles only) with the tire on them for a fair price but i m just wondering about fitment, stress on bearings because of the neg offset and if i can have trouble with police officer because these wheel will stick out too much and i dont want to put extended flair thats for sure cause its look ugly IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts