Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old plastic wheel cover for 18's I used to use to cover my wheels from tire dressing overspray. Are there any for 20's?

Also - I only clean my chrome wheels with soap and water but are there any spray on products safe for chrome?

Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
use a piece of 1/4 inch plywood cut a 20" circle and screw a handle on and there you go.
I have made these for all my rims since high school.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With an applicator it's difficult to get in the deep sidewall grooves and if you appply too much is flings all over when driving. I only use No Touch Tire Care (original) spray as it's not shiny or thick, doesnt float onto the paint when applying, spray it on wet tires and lasts a while.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
i made mine out of plywood and made 2 holes for fingers. however its 23" diameter. 20" wheel only means it accepts a tire with a 20" hole for the rim. the rim itself lip to lip is much bigger.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I use a old drum head. Works great!

·
Registered
117 Posts
i just spray the tires down and then hit the wheels with a glass cleaner and clean them

after the tires are sprayed. That is the way I have always done it. You usually have to

clean/wipe down the wheels anyway and the glass cleaner eats the tire dressing so

there is no residue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts