Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone having fuel level problems. i have seen many out there that have needed level sensors.

·
Registered
450 Posts
<DIV>My fuel gage can be quirky to say the least! I've run that thing into the red and I have never gotten the low level light! On occasion I've put 95 liters in a 98 liter tank.
Do you think there might be a problem??</DIV>

·
Registered
365 Posts
Dmax affair,

My short box Duramax had a fuel gauge like yours. When It read 1/4 tank there was only 5 gallons in it. Darn near ran out a couple of times until I learned the gauge and put extra fuel tanks in it.

GM fuel gauges show about 2/3rds a tank when there is really a half. Common and you just have to "learn" the gauge.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Mine must be pretty accurate, when it is on half I can get around 12-13 gallons in.

My truck is supposed to have A 26 gallon tank.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The fuel guages have been wierd for years. I get @300 miles to where the guage says half full, then about 100 miles for the second half of tank (26 gal tank). I've been trying to save a little bit of extra cash every now and then to get a Transfer Flow tank (45 gal). The 26 gal OEM is a hassle when I'm towing because I don't get very far in between fillups. The wife and dog like the small tank though because they get to stretch more often...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Go with the Transferflow 45 gallon tank, I average about 600-650 miles between fillups. You won't regret spending the extra $ for it.

Be sure to get larger fill neck and vent kit so you can use the "Big Truck" pumps.

Happy Holiday's To All!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Mine appears to be dead on. Just the other day I had just under 1/8 tank left and pumped in 23.5 gallons. I suppose 'E' on my gage would really be empty, no reserve.

Later.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts