Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about the truck :

Quad 215 and hot juice for power 2 5 inch stacks afe intake ladder bars weights hitch hieght of 26 inches truck weight 7850 in pull...ats complete trans

i was out pulled by a dmax with a stock trans what s wrong ?> any one have any ideas on what else it could be besies the tranny ?

i pulled in low 3 ....i pulled 267 ft.... 5 trucks made it 300 and in to pull off...as soon as i started pulling it felt good about 75 into 2nd and then it was like 175-200 or more until i got to 3ed gear...about 25 or so lbs boost until the truck hit 3rd when it did it lost all boost and just didnt have any whell speed or anything for the finish end of the track ..everyone there with me watching said your truck didnt sound right ..not as crisp as it usually is ...and they also said they smelt some thing burning when i passed them just a real hot smell my girlfriend said ...trans?

I hate to say it but i honestly think somethigns not right in the trans doesnt hook right in everyday driving (pulling trailers)or now i know sled pulling

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
not to hyjack your thread but got any pic of your stacks?? very interested.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats ok ...im trying to get pics up this week want to get em on here about the dyno insident this weekend on there to ...where can i post pis on web for free ? or give me your email that may be easier to get them to ya .....

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Are u sure the boxes were programmed to the appropriate settings???? Are you boosting at the line????? Did you check to see if you set a code(overboost, would limit your power,ses light might not have lite)With the combo that your running you should have had a full pull, i would think(don't know track conditions or competetors power). Power should have not been a problem, but traction instead. Hopefully its not your tranny, though i'm not sure how to take your sig. with the ats??????? Did you drive the truck home???? If it were the trans, and your clutchs(probably c1) were pooched you should have noticed on your way home(if it would even drive with c1s gone). Did you smell the truck?? Thats all i can think of right now.

I run the 215 quad and the edge comp with the suncoast and seem to blow my competetors doors off. I am running against 3 big dodges( 1 with nos and running into the 11s in the 1/4) I run in 4hi 1st. I know its easier on components in 4lo, but in 4hi 1st there is no upshifting or downshifting. I have watched alot of trucks that i run againsts(all brands) and when the upshift or downshift they are loosing momentum. Thats why i opt for the 4hi against some others opinions. If its gonna break then so be it, if i;m gonna play i;ll pay.

Later Jeremy

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got all ats makes right now heartbeat.....alot of people say 4 lo works i dont know may try 4 hi next time...

i talked to ats today they know that there is an issue ..so clint told me to try some things.... told me the convertor locked up to soon causeing no wheel speed at first and slugish sound (which i had both saturday) when the rpms finally built up it was great but it took 200 ft to do so... the only bad thing is the next pull aroung here is not until next year ...i mean this was my best hook so far but it just wasnt as good as i expected..there was a nother dmax there i dont know what hes running for mods but im pretty sure hes on a stock alli..he full pulled trying to get up with him to see what hes doing right ...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the truck is fine i beat it today to see if anything was wigd nothing ran just like it did before pulling...no boost built i think dmax build boost fast enough no need to cause wheel spin at 1 foot is there?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
You would be suprised at how much that wheel spin and 10lbs of boost helps off the line. The wheel spin actually will result in more wheel speed quicker, pending on track conditions. If its a hard track i usually hook in the first 50-75ft with 10lbs. If its a sandy soft track i will roll about 50ft and peg it and try to get a little momentum going before spinning. Every big puller i run against will build boost at the line, and everyone of them has said that my truck is the fastest truck they have ever seen down the track, and quickest to get the sled moving. Don't know it works for me.

I have talked to alot of guys that never boosted at the line, and have tried it since and say they are amazed at how much better the truck pulls(stock trucks included). I also have a locker up front, which helps quite alot, but i still pulled with boost at the line before. Don't know if you air down, but i do, 15-20lbs front, 25-30 rearlbs pending on track condition. Best learning tool is watching other pullers go before you and see what happens on there launch and stuff they try on track conditions.

I know it sucks, gotta wait till next year now. Oh well by then i'll hopefully have injectors and turbo done, so the dodge boys won't even be within 10ft like they are now. Later Jeremy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts