Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that when I am hard on the throttle the turbo spools up to 3k rpm pretty quickly. The LBZ grabs second at about 3k rpm taking it back to 2,700 rpm then about 3k it drops back to 2,700 which I assume is the TC locking up. After reaching 3k rpm it drops again to 2,400. This is definately below peak HP/TQ rpm. Is this normal? I have tried manual shift and it seems a little better but definately a noticeable drop going into 3rd.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You guys aren't going to leave me hanging... I better not get beat by a Furd. There has to be a way to throttle the LBZ to help the Ally shift at peak HP/TQ

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking that I read somewhere around here about using tow haul mode. IIRC that lowers the torque convertor lock-up rpm. I know the motor has the power it just seems like the ratio between second and third is a lot more then the rest of the gears. Anyone else experience the same thing with their LBZ?

·
Registered
892 Posts
The change in ratio between 2nd and 3rd is 1.81 to 1.41, not particularly steep. During normal driving the TC will lock up around 45 MPH but at WOT it will come in much sooner (about 30 MPH). In Tow/Haul mode it will always come on in between the 2nd and 3rd shift at about 25 MPH.

What vehicle speeds are these events occurring for you?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will check today and find out. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked it today. The shift is actually the 3-4 shift at about 50 mph. The rpm's drop to 2,500 - 2,600 rpm. The power drops substantially. Any ideas?

·
Registered
892 Posts
You're probably seeing the 3-4 shift and the apply of the lock-up clutch back-to-back, which would drop the engine 400 to 500 RPM. But you shouldn't feel a drop in power. Are you feeling a delay during the shift?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts