Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes, I am that new to this. Can someone enlighten me?

thanks

·
Registered
706 Posts
Well without going into all the details (mainly because I don't know all the details)

Bark is a condition that happens when the turbo gets way outside it performance curve, kinda like a compressor stall on an airplane. This can happen when the power output of the motor instantly changes. for example I have barked my turbo doing a brake stand and then instantly take my foot out of the throttle, the waste gate can't dump all that air all at once and a pressure wave builds up in the turbo and kinda farts back through the system against the incoming air.

I have also heard of certian performance boxes causing a bark, this seems to be caused by pushing the turbo too far outside the range of how much air it can pump. It starts to fight itself. These pressure waves in the turbo are very bad for the unit in the long run......this is not something you should do everyday.

I'm sure someone has a better explination of this but I thought I would give it a try anyway.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
if I were you I would get some coffee, use the search button for "turbo bark" and browse over the hundreds of other threads about this same thing. its been explained in detail many many times.

quick search does wonders ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.