Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The cap keeps crap out of there so you get a clean hookup for a gauge. John Kennedy sells a nice gauge that hooks up here, I love mine.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
It's a fuel pressure test port fitting to measure the flow of your pre engine fuel filter located on the primer/filter housing to let you know if its flowing the right amount or if it time to change your fuel filter. Kennedy sells the guage that connects to the fitting and says on his wedsithe that using that guage has shown that the fuel filter loads up with microns of trash which indicates that its time to change the fuel filter. It also measures the psi of your current lift pumps what type of psi there flowing the the CP3 injection pump, so you know your getting the right amount the keep the CP3 supplied with plenty fuel and not making it suck through a clogged filter element.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If you need one I have a couple I could send you one.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
It is a plastic cap that is supposed to be there, that you would take it off just to check vacuum, or psi (if you have a lift pump) and then reinstall

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
YA, go banks cold air intake!!! lol looks like you got your answer

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got this truck a couple months ago and it never had the cap on it. could the open fitting be causing my truck to no run so good. i know there a million other reason but could this factor into it?

·
Registered
256 Posts
the fitting isnt open, just doesnt have a cap on it. Kinda like a valvestem cap on your tire. The cap is only there to keep crap out of it. If its not leaking fuel, then it has nothing to do with why your trucks running poorly.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
the fitting isnt open, just doesnt have a cap on it. Kinda like a valvestem cap on your tire. The cap is only there to keep crap out of it. If its not leaking fuel, then it has nothing to do with why your trucks running poorly.

X2 unless the valve core is loose, and causing the Injection pump to suck air, which I highly doubt is the case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.