Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been wanting to get the 5" cat but people say 4" is just about the same?!!?!?!!? what do yall think??

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
get rid of the cat all together....

Sorry had to be the first to say it.

Put some more info into your sig. Your going to have less resistance across a 5" brick face then you would a 4". going 4 to 5" will gain you about 45% more area.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
USE THE FRIKKIN SEARCH BUTTON!!!

this question has been asked..what? 10 times or so..its simple dude..just click on search..and read away!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Easy Pro400exc he is a new guy!

About the only difference between a 4" and a 5" is, well an 1". Unless you are running more than 600hp.

you should be fine with a 4" IMO

·
Registered
71 Posts
Add a signature.......According to your garage you have an 02......if you have an 02, you dont have a cat. Anyway back to the question.........4 inch is probably adequate unless your gonna go balls out on your truck, if you know what i mean..

Joe

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I like the four inch stainless steel systems. In Texas it is not as big of a deal, but here in Wisconsin the aluminized does not last as long. Plus the price of 409 grade stainless is not that much more than the aluminized systems. I have not seen any five inch stainless systems yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You will not gain any performance from a 5" system. You will notice a sound difference, and lower egt's. Thats really about it. Your turbo will spool up quicker also, especially if you run a straight piped system.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
You will not gain any performance from a 5" system. You will notice a sound difference, and lower egt's. Thats really about it. Your turbo will spool up quicker also, especially if you run a straight piped system.
Seems that you said there would be no performance gain and then went on to name two specific ones :D

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I was talking about turbo quicker spooling and lower EGTs. The sound is the thrid "performance" one you mentioned. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was talking about turbo quicker spooling and lower EGTs. The sound is the thrid "performance" one you mentioned. ;)
):h I dunno, I never really thought lower egt's as a performance....but I geuss it would be. As far as quicker spooling, you should get the same amount of boost, just quicker. Right? I geuss that could be performance too......

·
Registered
333 Posts
lower egt's is performance because you can turn up your chip.

·
Registered
49 Posts
USE THE FRIKKIN SEARCH BUTTON!!!

this question has been asked..what? 10 times or so..its simple dude..just click on search..and read away!
I know that more people should do searches, but is this the only response that you know.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yes Noob..it is....I mean why have 10 diffrent threads goin on about the same thing. Its a watse of space and bandwidth.

I mean its simple. Click "search" at the top..type whatever you want and i am pretty sure you'll get at least 4+ threads about what you want to know. If nothing comes up....then yes post a thread

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes Noob..it is....I mean why have 10 diffrent threads goin on about the same thing. Its a watse of space and bandwidth.

I mean its simple. Click "search" at the top..type whatever you want and i am pretty sure you'll get at least 4+ threads about what you want to know. If nothing comes up....then yes post a thread
:blahblah:

·
Registered
464 Posts
One Inch...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I haven't been hanging around this forum much lately and might have missed a few things. I can't remember any of the members running dyno tests on the 4" versus the 5" on stock or slightly bombed trucks. There are a few Cummins drivers in my area running straight through 5". They sound more like a semi than a cool running truck. I don't race mine down the strip. I have towed a 10.5K pound 5th wheel over 18K miles now. At 1900 RPM in 5th gear pulling 3 miles or 6% I have all the noise I can handle. Anymore would drown out the stereo and misses. Later! Frank

PA: I have had my share of loud pipes over the years. They contributed to my need for hearings aids in both ears.

·
Registered
84 Posts

Dude chill out. If everybody used the search button half as many people would be members since there would only be about 5 new posts a day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.