Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
the front u-joint on the rear driveshaft by the t-case seems a bit wobbly.
Prob not doing t-case seal any favors.
I was wondering from your opinion what manufacturers today makes something worth fitting (IE I don't have to do it twice cause was Chinese part) that you've had experience of.
It's a 83 Jimmy 1\2 ton with np208/700r4.
Askin This is because with mail order I can't check where made etc, or has grease zert, or send it back. Also if you've any part numbers that would be great. I looked at Moog and a huge kit of parts was listed instead.
I'm sure a local parts store could get one, just won't look it up because it's a weird old vehicle to them, but if i give them a number, they've no excuse...maybe.
Cheers for help.
PS couldn't find drive line section for this age of truck, so here's as good as any diesel-place.
Also Maybe something I need to know fitting wise that maybe a pain/best oil for t-case??!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I am a big fan of Spicer parts. Easy to get, reasonable price, long lasting. I think they're also OE. I believe it's a 1350 series u-joint, so that should make your life much easier.

I run the cheapest ATF I can find in the t-case and it works great!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks roadhog0!
I may have cocked up though, as was told 534 by suppliers, and had to buy two or had to pay postage.
PS worked at Dana Spicer, they had nice chrome t handle shifters on display gearboxes. Would like to have got them before place was demolished...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts