Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what are the biggest tires, width and hieght wise that u can run on a duramax diesel 2500HD without any rubbing

thanks

Dan

·
Registered
203 Posts
I run 285/75/16 Bridgestone ATs (roughly 33") without so much as cranking the torsion bars, and I can't imagine running anything larger without a lift or cutting. Only thing I did was use a heat gun to slightly reshape a small part of the inner fender on the driver's front tire. And it rubbed only rarely…

·
Registered
958 Posts
315's if you crank the torsion bars or install green keys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that looks sick, real nice, was the 14.6 u ran with the stock tires and if u dont' mind me askin how much did the lift and tires cost without installation

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
You can run a 285/75 no problem, if you want to run slightly bigger than that you will need to install keys and run up the torsion bars.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I've always wondered exactly what the different size numbers equaled to in standard size. Example, 265x75x16. Does that equal a 31 with 9inch width and 16 rim? I know what the numbers mean but I dont know the comparison. Thank's Adam

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Thank's Adam

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
35s (315s) will fit with some cranking and trimming, depending Chevy/GMC. if you have a metal (tin can) bumper, you will have to move it forward unless you want to cut it. the most important single factor is the backspacing on the wheels, absolute must to have at least 5.125" to have enough space, even then it is close. definetely not enough to run chains or do anythingn serious off road

·
Registered
266 Posts
i believe amric has stock h2 take-offs on his truck with no crank and a little trimming..... i measured my h2's off the truck at 35psi and they are 34.5 tall

im going to crank the t-bars and maybe put a block in the rear to fit 315's

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
OCD Racing,

The 14.6 was with the 35's, and the lift, wheels, and tires were aprox. $3000.

Here is a clearer picture

Edited by: 1bad01

·
Registered
250 Posts
OCD Racing,

I know that people say you can install "HUGE" tires without any cutting or cranking, but, the truth is: Chevrolet doesn't give us a wheel well to work with in the front for very large tires without a lift of some type!

I have posted a picture of my truck with H2's and 315X70-17's. In order to get it to stop rubbing I had to cut the front valance and the bumper even after installing the Spindles.

The back wheel wells are NO problem, Just the fronts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the info, it looks awesome by the way. Yea i think i am gonna just go with a lift before i get big tires

Dan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts