Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of doing my homework on lift kits. But I know I want to run either 37's or 38's dunno which size yet but they will be on 20's. I've been told that 4.56 gears for those size tires is what I need. Is this true or is their another size gear that I would need to get the most out of. I tow about 5000lbs with the truck 4 days a week. Also with adding the gears to my truck will it bring my fuel mileage back up. With adding gears what kind of mileage could I expect to get out of the truck with the big tires. What kind of price am I looking at for gears in front and rear since my truck is 4wd? I'll have a local shop do the installation. I've also read to were when adding that size gear or larger that it causes the ABS light to come on is this true? I know with my tuner I can turn it off but I was just curious. Whats the best brand gear (durability) I should look into getting?THANKS

·
Registered
335 Posts
Precision Gear about 225.00 per axle and I would think 4:11 will best suit your needs:ro)

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
I'm in the process of doing my homework on lift kits. But I know I want to run either 37's or 38's dunno which size yet but they will be on 20's. I've been told that 4.56 gears for those size tires is what I need. Is this true or is their another size gear that I would need to get the most out of. I tow about 5000lbs with the truck 4 days a week. Also with adding the gears to my truck will it bring my fuel mileage back up. With adding gears what kind of mileage could I expect to get out of the truck with the big tires. What kind of price am I looking at for gears in front and rear since my truck is 4wd? I'll have a local shop do the installation. I've also read to were when adding that size gear or larger that it causes the ABS light to come on is this true? I know with my tuner I can turn it off but I was just curious. Whats the best brand gear (durability) I should look into getting?THANKS

Re-Gear?
Too much work.

Throw an MPI Twin Turbo system under the hood.

We don't need to re gear.

More power is always the correct answer:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts