Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on the chevy site and I don't think you can build + price a 45 ot 5500. Anyone able to give an idea of the price for one of these bad boys?

Thx

·
Registered
845 Posts
Depends on what you want. 4x4 is naturally more than 4x2
I have a 2007 5500 4x4
Snowplow Prep
Allison RDS
Duramax Diesel
heated power lighted OSRV mirrors
Uplevel apperance package
Power windows
power locks
CD
Sliding rear window
Suspension seat
AC
Heavy Duty everything
Sticker was 57k
Got it for 48K

·
Registered
103 Posts
07 4500 4x2
Allison
Duramax
All Power
Power windows
Suspension seat
AC
HD
Upfit with 15 Steel flat bed 10K tow & Hidden Fifth Wheel Hitch-Lift
44.5K OTD

·
Registered
404 Posts
If you want look for a left-over. I was able to get my c\c for $26,900 and buy a Scott-Lite bed installed for $2,800 5th wheel hitch for $375.00 plate steel for hitch $225 and rear bumper for $400 ( has 2 1\2 "hitch box poder-coated) . You have the chance to build anything the way you want it, I am still thinking out some things on my have only money to worry about. There are alot of good deals out there.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
$35,000 for mine new with 6 miles on it. Bought as a cab chassie. $3200 in the bed

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have a 5.13 rear end ratio. My truck is used in a pure stop and go environment.(residential garbage service) With 3700 miles on it its getting 7mpg. Which honestly is really good considering the truck empty is 16,200 lbs. Im getting the same mpg as my 6.5 was doing the same work. And also 50% of the time my pto is running at 1200 rpms.
Bill

·
Registered
99 Posts
1've got 53 in mine, paid 46 for cab with 110" frame. put the bed on myself and then did the gooseneck, pintle plate, amps, liner, tint etc....
the monroe was 20g more at the time. it took a month to do so i saved a bundle

·
Registered
124 Posts
well ill be waiting around for the price to drop.. someone PM me when I can pick one up for around 30k eh? Thanks lol>>>

·
Registered
404 Posts
With the price for the trucks to burn ULSD going up you will be waiting a long time to get one for that price. Check out some of the truks papers , like Big Truck Trader or Truck Paper you might get one with low miles, less than 100k for that price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
used c4500s

go to www.ggtonline.com they had 15 ex tide race car / show car hauler c4500s about a week ago priced from 25000 to30000 /miles vary from 60000 to 99000 all are 2003 c4500s w/crewcabs& versahauler beds ask for steve brittain he is a good guy tell him johnboy sent you .all are LB7 motors they are all orange & white just like the Tide detergent box (decals have been removed)

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
johnboy333;1714798; said:
go to www.ggtonline.com they had 15 ex tide race car / show car hauler c4500s about a week ago priced from 25000 to30000 /miles vary from 60000 to 99000 all are 2003 c4500s w/crewcabs& versahauler beds ask for steve brittain he is a good guy tell him johnboy sent you .all are LB7 motors they are all orange & white just like the Tide detergent box (decals have been removed)
Called...all sold as of this morning.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
ha,armymech,just bring home that hummer in your avator with a .50 cal or the bofers gun it would be great in a city like new york or the west side if chicago

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK GM guys....... Whats the fix for head gaskets on the 6.5 non-turbo diesel? Ive contacted head gaskets companys to get "copper" "o-ring" Gaskets and they tell me they would have to custom make them! Has this not been a problem since day one? Why has no one made this yet??
I run a fleet of 1300 trucks all powered by this crap engine for the simple reason of blowen head gaskets. Any help???

·
Registered
275 Posts
Uhhhhh... you need this ? in another room and thread.

Fritolay DW;1742487; said:
OK GM guys....... Whats the fix for head gaskets on the 6.5 non-turbo diesel? Ive contacted head gaskets companys to get "copper" "o-ring" Gaskets and they tell me they would have to custom make them! Has this not been a problem since day one? Why has no one made this yet??
I run a fleet of 1300 trucks all powered by this crap engine for the simple reason of blowen head gaskets. Any help???
I see you are new... check out the engine rooms for this subject and gripe.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Fritolay DW;1742487; said:
Try to post this question is this location for a better response :) http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21

1 - 17 of 17 Posts