Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just changed out my transmission and in doing so, I cut a fuel line (didnt notice for a couple days due to work and family priorities). Fuel had ran down exterior transmission wiring harness. I replaced both fuel lines off of fuel filter to hard lines (3/8" rubber hoses [seemed a little big, but did the job so I thought, I'll get to that later]). Now, I filled all fluids, went to fire it up, she ran for a couple seconds, and died (as if no fuel) tried bleeding it by loosening the bleeder cap on top of filter, but nothing came out. Unscrewed the filter and fuel poured out, so I quickly tightened that back down. Lifer pump is pumping, and then all of a sudden the glow plug relay started clicking on and off almost every second, when it did this, the dash lights would flicker in sync with the glowplug relay. I turned the key to the OFF position. And turned it back on. Glow plug light came on, clicked off once. Turned it over, it fired and ran for a few seconds, then the same thing with the dash lights and glow plug relay thing started happening again. Now, it does it every time I turn the key to the ON position. And if I try to turn the engine over, I lose all electrical. As if the batteries are dead. But the batteries are fully charged. Been on the charger all day during this whole ordeal. I started cleaning ground straps, but still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O and I back to the fuel issue. For some reason it's coming out of drain hole on the flex plate cover mounted on bottom of transmission bell housing.

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
Take a moment to tell us about your 6.5L ( Year, Make, and Model) and list any known mods.
Go through all of your grounds. Remove each one, clean the contact points and then reinstall.
Replace any that are in questionable shape.

The Fuel filter manager has 3 lines. You need to reinspect those 3 lines for leaks.
When the fuel filter manager leaks fuel will run down the transmission bell housing.
The Filter manager also has a couple of ORings that will leak
1. The fuel heater on the bottom.
2. Water in fuel sensor has an oring

Perform a proper lift pump test: Reference Material: Lift Pump/OPS
opening the bleed screw doesn't rule out a bad lift pump.

Reactions: dieselolds
1 - 3 of 3 Posts