Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope i am in the right forum for this , just thought I would shoot a couple of pics of what ever is in and out of the farm shop.couple of weeks ago it was sausage making time this week had a 23ft twin v-rake that is going to our terrebonne farm. replaced 40 some teeth resealed a hydrolic drive motor and replaced some of the bearings and componets, anything green was new. vermeer built this rake for a few different outfits bought it on ebay back in nov of last year. so whats' coming out of your shop? take a couple of photo's tack'em on to this thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
I thought mixing red and green was a cardinal sin!:eek: LOL

PS looks like you have a good helper there on the farm :)

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
I thought mixing red and green was a cardinal sin!:eek: LOL
It is in Texas;)

We just got our John Deere bulldozer back from the shop (brake repairs). This weekend we are using that and our backhoe to tear down an overgrown fenceline and rebuild the fence. I love playing with toys. I'll take pic this weekend and show 'ya.:)

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my helper is going on three and is aready got me outsmarted most times. and knows to many cuss words. wouldn't know where she hears that stuff. my other helper is my 80 year old dad , he was born on the farm here in the house I live in. as far as green and red the rake was built by vermeer which is yellow. this one was sold by massey fergeson (rake faded to nice shade of pink). called vermeer dealer in washington state thought parts would come yellow it ended up being a john deere dealer. my wife picked up parts on trip to seattle, surprize , parts were green. JD sold this model rake and this one will be getting all green next month. come on lets see them projects. bird houses, to balers get them on here. thanks

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Rebuilding the Snowmobile engine.

This week it's the snowmobile engine... Blew it up in the snow storm we had. Last week (when it was in the 80°s) I was starting to level out dirt and gravel in anticipation of concreting it this spring. All activities halted when it got cold again (low 40°s now and very windy). My farmall "H" I just converted over to 12 volt negative ground... 6 volt positive just plain sucks. I just need to put the hood back on.

Nice rake, Farmer... I could use one of those. It would cut my rake time in half!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I spied a one lunger behind them lawn mower's. do you have it running. we used to boil eggs in the water tank on my cousin's while we were downing a few to many brews. I have a wide front end int. m we use it daily in the summer for moving a gun sprinkle. had her at least 10 years engine starting to foul plugs. hooked up to 10 foot finish disc a couple of years ago and put a good 8 hour day on it . it loved it. so did I. will do it again this year and see if it cleans her out.12 volt conversion sure makes the starter go when i had a magneto on it the engine wouldn't want to start until you let off the starter. think faster rpm made the mag timing off, put a dist. on it and a coil starts great .I will be selling a darf v rake now that we have a replacement. thanks for the post.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Hey I like the idea of this thread......

For my project........I finally got around to learning myself how to weld.....took about 1 minute before I realized that welding on the ground sucks......so Ill be building a tall welding table in the next week. And from there ive got a long long list of stuff to build/fix.

Cool tractors!

·
Registered
14 Posts
How do you start a new thread????

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
go to the" shop talk" section for instance go to the bottom of the list of topics inside the "shop talk" section the next place down says "new Post" first line you come to is the title next box is substance.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I spied a one lunger behind them lawn mower's. do you have it running.
Yes, it does run... But I'm storing it for a friend (it's not mine). I'm hoping he forgets about it ):h ! I love to here those "hit or miss" engines run.

He wants too much money for it, but doesn't mind me storing it for him for free!?!? :mad:

My dad has quite a collection going. He has Several International Harvester Farmalls; an 886 (diesel), 806 (gas), Super M (tricycle front end with M&W side clutch), Super MD ("M" diesel, "D" stood for diesel), Super C (for garden work), and a John Deere 750 (mows grass).

The "MD" is the neatest... It's a "dual fuel" tractor. It has two fuel tanks, one gas and one diesel. It has a distributor and carburetor on one side and a Injection pump on the other. It starts on gas, and when you reach operating temperature, you switch it to diesel. It's a diesel with spark plugs!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this week we started with servicing lawnmowers , rototiller, three wheeler and my cart in the picture. a couple of weeks ago saw my top barrel on my used oil stove was rusted out so we were discusing a replacement barrel I thought bigger is always better. had this old fuel tank outside for several years, thought what the heck. took better part of the day to figure out how to place it on there . looks alittle funny but you would not believe the heat this thing puts out.the flaming photo is the used oil box burning. the cart is a heald hauler it came as a kit you assembed 18hp briggs twin with a slip clutch variable speed v-belt. the box dumps just needs power steering this was a 70s model from what the neighbor who sold it to me said..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
folks getting ready to take rake to our farm in central ore. sold my old 79' chev c65 427cu in truck motor I built front bumper and bed. also painted it. I started this thread to see others peoples work .

Attachments

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
the green gooseneck is getting new brakes and spring shackles old ones shot. went with whole backing plate kit. includes magnets, shoes , springs , backing plate. all assembled cheaper than the individual pieces. my brother built this gooseneck in 1973 as a FFA ag. project at the high school shop. all tubing all stick welded. hauled some 7 ton loads on this ol' girl . rather have 5-6 ton on it. never had it crack or had to reweld anything in its life. the house trailer is just about to head to our central ore. farm. push out was completely rotted out. replace some of the wall studs all of the floor and inside paneling. now has linolium floors. instead of carpet. 37 foot park model. won't fit in shop . its only 36 foot

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts