Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I'm new to the diesel world but have been doing some research on the Edge w/ attitude. I am sure that this topic has been beaten to death already but here it goes. What brand is better edge, bully dog, banks, the list goes on but those are the main names you here about. I see alot of people selling there edge w/ attitude monitor used, are they worth the money or are people just upgrading bigger better stuff? I really like the edge version over the competition. I am just looking to some performance, not looking for an 11 second time slip although that would be bada**. (congrats to everyone who has acheived 11's in a 6000+ pickup) I am just trying to get a little info from people who have ran any of these electronics before I go spend $500-$800 bucks. thanks for your help. I also listed some pics of my crew cab 05lly Dmax. check em out in the garage section. late Jordan AZ:ro)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also which of these can I stack with other programmers like the predator diablo, ppe, and stuff like that??? I would like to eventually do exhaust, boost stick, egr block off, cold air intake, and these programmers, among other things. Am I going in the right direction atleast. Like anyone else out there I would like to get the most hp and TQ out of my truck but still retain its reliability and still have it last 200K+ miles. (only looking at 7100 miles right now). any help would be great. thanks, late Jordan

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
only thing available right now is from bullydog and PPE

Notice I dont have an upgrade yet and am waiting a bit for more products to be released and more testing;)

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
:welcome: btw :)

Also the stock allison is not going to take much power. Converter will let go at the same HP as it did on the older trucks but you have more HP to start with.

Download type programs and harness boxes are what stack together. What works well is a crap shoot for the most part and mostly luck.

Edit: I will say that if you look at whats considered a "quality product" or if it has good customer service for the earlier modles more than likely it will be about the same for the new motors.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
FORGET WHAT I SAID!!!! I thought you had a 06 LLY. What I have to say wont apply.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I AM very happy with my edge juice.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the convenience of having the attitude monitor, and on top of that being able to mount it in the overhead console is a definate plus over the other programmers. what do you mean by download type programs and harness boxes? examples? Is the edge one of these types. Like I say I am new and not very literate in electronics. Break it down if you can. thanks

If my truck eventually puts out substantial power I will invest in a tranny and better convertor, but then again I guess I'd have to right.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
the edge is a harness type programer/box and is also what i would recomend it give good power all your gauges full adjustabillity athough you trans wont like you adjusting it very often (relearn,limping) but the edge is a very good product to start with and get you feet wet but as with almost everyone else here it is only the start of more to come;) .

Good luck,
C.B

BTW:welcome:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Wolford how does your straight pipe exhaust sound compared to stock quiet exhaust? Its obviously louder but is it obnoxiously loud? I like mine quiet actually, my uncle has a 97 dodge cummins diesel and its straight piped and you can here him coming a couple blocks away.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the advice, thats pretty much all I was looking for, is if the edge was the way to go. C.B. by reading your signature, I pretty much want to set up my truck like yours is. Boost stick, edge w/attitude, 4" exhaust, egr block off plate, cold air intake, and stack it with a tuner once I start understanding everything a but more if that makes sense.

Is there a difference between a boost stick and a finger stick, what the difference? Hope thats not a stupid question. thanks everyone for your patience, damn new Guys!!!:lol:

Also C.B. how's the performance of your truck? What do you think its putting out as far as HP/TQ is concerned? thanks again.
Jordan

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Boost stick increases boost, Fingerstick keeps egr codes from setting when its blocked or adding a different exhaust.

Performance wise i dont know, i'm currently looking for a local dyno but if i had to guess from reading others numbers i would say its around 450 rwhp give or take a couple!
With the edge predator set up i ran a 14.7 @98mph at the track but have yet to try my new set up (new clutch will help alot)

AS for the cold air intake i just have my stock intake drilled out.

Later,
Caleb

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what tuners can I stack with the Edge w/ attitude unit?? Will the predator diablo or the PPE hot work? If not, which ones will work.

·
Registered
287 Posts
alot of the guys on here have the edge stacked with the predator. but to do any kind of stack you will need lift pumps and a transmission upgrade. Some people get lucky and can get away with runnin a stack on the stock allison but very few do. another popular stack is the edge with the quadzilla stealth tuner(bastard stack). and there are guys makin big power with the Van Aken stacked with ppe. so there are many options u could go with you just need to go with what suits u best. welcome to the site man:welcome2:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
The straight pipe is quiet when I want it to be and Loud too. It is the nature of the VVT that makes it that way. If you stay out of the go pedal it will stay fairly quiet, get on it and it sounds like a F-18 taking off.

Also it depends on how much power you are making. Stock will be kinda quiet on a WOT run, however with the EDGE on kill it is noticably louder.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just as an FYI, I had the Banks Six Gun in my 05 Dmax and it caused some problems. First the stock tranny wouldn't take the power even at only about 80hp gain, so I had to upgrade. But I still had a problem with the truck "coughing" under modest acceleration when it shifted. Neither I nor Banks could figure it out, so I eventually had to return it. Had nice power gains though, but not worth having the truck run poorly.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the heads up, I think that I will end up going with the Edge. I would rather not have to go with a tranny upgrade, because of the cost invoved. So hopefully a few performance upgrades will do fine exhaust, intake, edge, ect. thanks everyone.
Jordan

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ive Had Edge With Attitude It Was Really Good It Was On My Lb7
I Havent Chipped My New Lly Yet But I Think I Will Go With Banks
I Like The P.d.a It Is Also Computer Upgradeable

1 - 17 of 17 Posts