Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready to drop in LB7, What are they going for these days?

·
Registered
37 Posts
dmaxallitech,I have never priced a diesel myself so I have no idea as to the cost of a complete engine.But did you maybe leave off a "0' for that 2500 dollar estimate?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ronc;1600214; said:
dmaxallitech,I have never priced a diesel myself so I have no idea as to the cost of a complete engine.But did you maybe leave off a "0' for that 2500 dollar estimate?
There are some people asking up to $6,000.00 for a drop in D-max on e-bay,:eek:

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
ronc;1600214; said:
25,000 for an egine?:eek: no way.....although i did pay 27,000 for my engine...but it happend to come with a free truck

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
We have purchased them that cheap before, there are not many at that price, but if you look hard enough....

For 25,000 I think you will have a darn good drop in engine.. should make a solid 800 hp too!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I'll sell mine for $25,000..... low miles :)

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I just seen one on ebay for $4800 complete with free shipping and a $300 core charge.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mines at the dealer right now. They said it might need a new engine @ $15,000 installed. I called some wrecking yards, and the cheapest I found was $5,000.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Please tell me you are not going to give the stealer 10k to install an engine for you?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can I ask a borderline Hijack question?

How can you identify the year of the engine if it is out of the truck?
I found one advertised as a 2001 but I wanted to be sure. It is priced at 5000.

·
Registered
173 Posts
hemisareslow;1601525; said:
Please tell me you are not going to give the stealer 10k to install an engine for you?
The $15K estimate is for a factory new engine installed, and the $5K is for a used wrecking yard engine uninstalled. I don't know what the dealer's labor charge is for the install. My truck is covered by the 5/100 engine warranty, so I am leaving it to the dealer for now. I am nervously waiting to see if there will be any surprises.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
If it is under warranty why would there be any cost to put a new engine in?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
It sounds like the dealer price, GM would pay.

jb

·
Registered
173 Posts
hemisareslow;1601890; said:
If it is under warranty why would there be any cost to put a new engine in?
The dealer just stated that $15K is what a new engine would cost if the warranty didn't cover it. I'm just afraid that they are going to try and get out of the warranty with some excuse. Dealer has already told me that the GM rep was reluctant (whatever that means). They've had it for 3 weeks now, and I'm still waiting to hear.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
A new GM longblock is roughly $8900, + a core charge, depending on where you buy it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
you can buy a brand new engine for $5000.00, ten grand to install it? I'm in the wrong business!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts