Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hate to do this, but I have the option of getting either an AT&T setup for $300 with about 6000 miles on it. Or a WH1C with about the same number of miles for $150+shipping, and of course I'd need PT Wiring install kit ($150 iirc). My truck is a 1993, all the normal mods. Looking to tow 15000# fifth wheel cross country with the family. What's your opinions? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Get you a 12 valve Cummins Dodge. That is to much weight for the 6.5, especially a 27 year old truck. Duramax if you have the cash.

·
Administrator
15,966 Posts
I would opt for the WH1C if it were my truck..

·
Registered
820 Posts
I towed 14k from la to Kansas City.... I wasn't the fastest truck out there but I wasn't the slowest either. You're gonna need head studs, and a better intake manifold. The flat pancake intake steals around 15hp right off the get go. It is amazing the throttle difference and power out put that intake cap makes

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. I'm looking at a quadstar intake. Already have head studs, mainstuds, etc etc etc. I already tow that load all over the country and the truck does great, just a matter of I'd like to get rid of the gm3 and let it breath, lower egts, a little better mpg and throttle response.

·
Administrator
15,966 Posts
Yeah. I'm looking at a quadstar intake. Already have head studs, mainstuds, etc etc etc. I already tow that load all over the country and the truck does great, just a matter of I'd like to get rid of the gm3 and let it breath, lower egts, a little better mpg and throttle response.
Just upgrading to a GM 8 will greatly improve your setup

Reactions: Tr00b and mbost

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just upgrading to a GM 8 will greatly improve your setup

Lol. Yeah, but I havent found one for less than 500 around here. I didn't want to pay that for the AT&T.

Found out the WH1C has around 200K. Guy had written up the posting incorrectly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts