Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">What upgrades do i need when adding a bully dog downloader which adds 155 hp and then exahst and intake which will bring me up to close to 200 hp extra. I dont want to rip the tranny off the mounts or blow it up so what should i add to make it tougher?</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">The bully dog exahst and intake</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">

·
Registered
203 Posts
What he means is that real dyno numbers never support those kind of gains. Your probably lucky (from what I read, I'm no expert) to be getting 450 combined (less than 300 stock +155) to the ground...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

I was just working these #s out in my head i have not put anything on it yet. All i was wondering was if it would end up screwing the tranny with the added hp withoutany upgrades

</TD></TR>
<TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="on">

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Yes adding and running a tuner rated at 155 RWHP but not actual will cause harm to the clutches in the Allison ...

At min you will require a Transgo Kit and single disk Performance Converter ,Filters if not supplied and fluid ...

Mac

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
My advice would be to call Bully Dog and see what they recommend.

They offer a tranny upgrade....I would ask if they think that it would be enough to hold the mods you are adding...especially since they are all from them. Ask them for some sort of guarantee since you are buying all of their products.....

If you don't like what you hear.....I would recommend visiting www.edgeproductsinc.com A lot of guys on here have had good luck with them, and they monitor tranny slip ta boot.

·
Registered
704 Posts
So do you think he has actually made 1000hp to prove it will hold, or did he just swag a number higher than Suncoast and ATS. On a side note, PPE makes the same 1000hp claim.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
I see all these monster horsepower #'s and not one drag strip run to show what it can do. Why? TTS/Transgo truck dynoed 525 and ran 12.74 traction limited. BIG DIPPER ran some low 13's (he has a 4X4) and is heavyer and i don't think he was pumping 500 hp. DIPPER, correct me if i'm wrong. Would 1000 hp put you in the 9's 0r 10's ? Can a dyno really tell you how much hp you have? I do not believe so. I think a dyno is a good tuning device and the rest should be proven at the track. Dyno #'s are like bench racing.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Dyno #s are like Bench racing.

I couldnt agree more. Why? Mike Tomac. Not sure what he dynos and he really isnt either. We have a range that is likely in, but he is no where near the mega power guys. Secret? No. He is plain and simple making the truck hook up and he knows how to drive it. Its the ability to know his truck and how to drive it, not some top secret tuner. He runs two boxes that just about anybody, probably anybody can get. Thats it.. That combo will push low 12's

You figure out which 'group' your in, weather it be the drag racers or the dyno pullers, then go from there, your not gonna win both events

1 - 13 of 13 Posts