Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2004 GMC Duramax 2wd crew cab. What kind of chip or programmer should I get?

My few choices are:

Bully Dog : Dyno Dominiator or Power Pup

Edge Juice Extreme with Attitude.

Also what are the other free mods or anything you can do to these trucks for a little bit of extra power. Let me know.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Swiss cheesing the factory air box and an exhaust upgrade of some kind. Either new exhaust or strait pipeing your factory stuff or just replacing the factory muffler. Not much of a gain put better sound and lower EGTs for use with the box and better spool up.

I really like the juice.

Quad seems interesting too.

I bought my goodies from http://www.kennedydiesel.com

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you do the swiss cheese thing to the box? Also is it good to go ahead and buy a K&N to replace the stock one. How much louder and everything will it be if I have pipes welded in on the exhaust? Will it throw any check engine lights if I remove the catalytics converter and replace it with a straight pipe??

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Powell said:
How do you do the swiss cheese thing to the box? Also is it good to go ahead and buy a K&N to replace the stock one. How much louder and everything will it be if I have pipes welded in on the exhaust? Will it throw any check engine lights if I remove the catalytics converter and replace it with a straight pipe??
It will be significant louder compared to stock, but since your a racer it won't bother you I'm sure .... It should not effect the ECM in any way ....

Power enhancements .... The front runners as of today are Quad and still Edge products .... Both have the advantages and disadvantages ....

Mac

·
Registered
341 Posts
I thought that the entire right side of the 2003-2004 air boxes were missing already - what would swiss-cheesing do to get any more air flow? (btw - i'm out of town so can't go check out my air box at the moment...)

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
if you click on my WWW url (www.wackywack.com/dmax.htm) you willl see what swiss cheezzzzze looks like..

my recommendations would be a power box, exhaust, gauges (must have w/ box), some new fluids, shocks, secondary fuel filter, and a new air filter.... but then you have to ask yourself..where does it stop? hehehehehe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts