Diesel Place banner

Which tuner do you use on a daily basis?

• Edge/ATT/EZ

Votes: 532 42.1%
  • Hypertech/Hyperpac

Votes: 149 11.8%
  • Predator

Votes: 234 18.5%
  • Bully Dog

Votes: 120 9.5%
  • PPE

Votes: 60 4.7%
  • VA

Votes: 20 1.6%
  • TTS

Votes: 14 1.1%
  • Banks

Votes: 136 10.8%

What tuner/settings you use for best mileage

88K views 116 replies 84 participants last post by  kramer56 
#1 ·
Since this type of thing is asked over and over lets have a poll. Select what tuner you are using from the selections and just reply with your daily driving settings that net you the best mileage results HAND CALCULATED.(thanks for the reminder) If I have forgotten one let me know and I'll add it.

LLY and LB7 responses welcome, but keep in mind the LB7 gets better mileage than the LLY.

Me.. Edge/Att Level 3, Low boost 1 yields best mileage on my truck. 14.6 city and 16+ highway

Update..I've been using level 4 low boost 1 for well over a year and I actually get better mileage than level 3.

#63 ·
edge on 2/3 and never seen better than 10mpg...I guess the lift has a lot to do with it and my heavy foot.

#65 ·
MPG based on DIC or hand calculated?

For those of you that are posting your mileage, are those numbers based on the Driver's Info Center (DIC) on the instrument panel or are they hand calculated?

I've noticed really high MPG #'s per my DIC but when I hand calculate the MPG, I get a really different amount.

#66 ·
For those of you that are posting your mileage, are those numbers based on the Driver's Info Center (DIC) on the instrument panel or are they hand calculated?
Frank, I specified in the first post to show hand calculated numbers so lets hope everyone saw that and is posting accordingly.

Since this type of thing is asked over and over lets have a poll. Select what tuner you are using from the selections and just reply with your daily driving settings that net you the best mileage results HAND CALCULATED.(thanks for the reminder) If I have forgotten one let me know and I'll add it.

#71 ·
Wow, now that formula helps. I was just going off what my trip read even though I have 315's. That formula gives me about a 2mpg increase from 12.5 to about 14.5 with my edge juice on 1/5.

#72 · (Edited)
Well I Have Been Getting 16 To 18 In Town Stock. Cold Weather Kills That Real Fast.. 21 To 23 At 70 Mph Stock.. This Is All Hand Calc..
Now They Just Reflashed The Computer And I Have Seen Some Change, But Not Enough Milage On It To Make A Comment At This Time.
Will Plug The New Edge Juice/attitude In Soon. Gettin A Real Itch For Some Get Up And Go.
I FOUND OUT EARLY ON, THAT THE COMPUTER IS WACKY. ALWAYS PUT IN MORE FUEL THEN IT SAYS I USE. ALSO DID THE MATH FOR THE LARGER TIRES. ADJUST MILLAGE FIRST THING AND USE ACTUAL GALLONS PUMPED. THEN I FIGURE IF I AM WITHIN +-10% I'M DOIN GOOD..

Arm

#74 ·
After I got my Suncoast trans. I quit checking milage. I figure if I spent that kind of money on a mod who cares what kind of milage I'm getting:cool:
And with the PPE I'm gonna stack with my edge it's only going to get better:ro):eek: . So when it gets under a quarter tank I just fill it up and go in and pay.

BTW in the past when I ask people what milage they are getting I usually think they are full of BS. It's always high

Nate

#77 ·
Since my last post in this thread i've changed tuners and now running a PPE hot on kill 24/7 and driving rather normal around home here and back and forth to work i hand calc. mpg at 15.7 (426mi @ 27.16 gal) and on a all interstate tank it was 19.9mpg ( 532 @26.7 gal)

Caleb

#78 ·
I'm new and need to learn the lingo, so...what is a finger stick and boost stick? I run a similar truck and want to know whats up.

#79 ·
WElcome to the DP, first the finger stick is to keep the cel from coming on when you either remove the cat or block the egr valve, and the boost stick is to increase boost to help with egt's , mpg, and most importantly horsepower! both of these are made by Fingers (DP Member).

Hope this helps
Caleb

#81 ·
Thanks for the tips. The fingers items sound like a good deal, but it also sounds like they are not for sale yet. The EGR plate, boost stick, and finger stick ought to go well with a CAI and exhaust (coming soon). I am also wanting to hook to a sled this summer and saw the tie rod sleeves around here somewhere. I hope this a good alternative to paying $500 for some Fabtech replacement parts. I have seen the carnage 1st hand of the sorriest thing GM has put out since the Chevette---I friggin' FS!!! Gimme 2 axles, one up front and one out back, just like my 3/4 ton '72 4x4.

#82 ·
All of those items are for sale, try contacting Kennedy diesel he should have all of them on hand ready to ship!!!

#83 ·
Just clicked on "view poll results" and received a message I was not authorized to do so. Do I need to do some thing different? Not much good to do a poll and not make the results availble.

I just bought a 2004 Chev Duramax LLY and am trying to decide which if any chip to add.

Any suggestions would be great.

#84 ·
i've been getting that message alot latley,

HAve to ask the Cheifs what up???

#86 ·
Banks 6 gun

Hi Guys, It's been a while since I was on here last. I updated my truck in December and wanted to provide you with my findings.
I installed the Banks 6 gun with TX PDA, and a 4" MBRP dual exhast and KN filter. I have driven about 25,000 Ks (after up-grades) and totally impressed, the banks 6 gun provides the performance that I haven't seen or felt since my 69 GTX. love the exhaust. sounds great but not to loud. However I know the truck could use more air. Considering the new Banks new air box system and the boost cooler, or maybe a new hood with a ram air style etc. any suggestions.

#87 ·
i'm using the banks ram air myself. The filter on it is HUGE and it seems to work great. I'm getting around 21-22mpg on the highway and 17-18 around town. If you have the auto trans you can adjust how much power you use IN EACH GEAR to help your mileage. Just set your fuel limiting inside your six gun tuning tab. I start at 100% level 6 in first, the i drop it down to 80% in 2nd, 60% 3rd, 40% 4th, 20% in 5th.

#90 ·
PPE Hot on my truck towing about 3,000lbs netted 15mpg Highway and some city combined with that trip. Also had about 1,000 lbs of tools in the truck. I was outta propane at the time to get a milage number off that. Yes I was towing on the 240hp setting too... figured 3,000 lbs in T/H mode wasn't excesive. EGT's never got outta line.

#94 ·
I use Predator on 65 all the time and get 16-17 mpg (had calculated)around town (notice I have 33" tires)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.