Diesel Place banner

Which tuner do you use on a daily basis?

• Edge/ATT/EZ

Votes: 532 42.1%
  • Hypertech/Hyperpac

Votes: 149 11.8%
  • Predator

Votes: 234 18.5%
  • Bully Dog

Votes: 120 9.5%
  • PPE

Votes: 60 4.7%
  • VA

Votes: 20 1.6%
  • TTS

Votes: 14 1.1%
  • Banks

Votes: 136 10.8%
41 - 60 of 117 Posts

· Registered
1,065 Posts
I run the Banks w/ speed loader on 3 all the time(around 60-70hp) I get up to 20-21 cruising at 60-70 range but it drops fast to 16-17 when running up around 80. I think the difference in mileage when a power adder is run is that you can get off the throttle sooner climbng hills etc.

· Registered
1,397 Posts
Banks Six-Gun w/Speedloader. All highway and I'm pulling 20-20.5mpg on level 3.

· Registered
2,075 Posts
Edge on 3 (daily driving); Edge on 1 (highway). I've seen 0 increase in mileage. My truck still gets the average mileage it did before I made any mods. Averaging 15.1

· Registered
2,075 Posts
lowrate, you are getting 23.7??? How the heaven did you manage that? I bought my truck new and the very first tank got 17.2. After that is fell to around 15.1 and has stayed there no matter how I drive, what mods I've done, or what level the E/J is set to. I am in Houston though so I sit at a standstill/crawl for 20 minutes and then jump to 70mph for about 8 miles every morning. BUT, I do make very frequent 600 mile road trips (which I will average 17 on the hwy) but my average calculated mileage is still staying around 15.1 no matter what.

· Registered
1,065 Posts
lowrate, you are getting 23.7??? How the heaven did you manage that? I bought my truck new and the very first tank got 17.2. After that is fell to around 15.1 and has stayed there no matter how I drive, what mods I've done, or what level the E/J is set to. I am in Houston though so I sit at a standstill/crawl for 20 minutes and then jump to 70mph for about 8 miles every morning. BUT, I do make very frequent 600 mile road trips (which I will average 17 on the hwy) but my average calculated mileage is still staying around 15.1 no matter what.
I noticed the people that get the best mileage are in the plains states. I think since the roads are mostly flat and mostly rural they end up cruising at lower speeds. when i was in Idaho and Montana this summer. I was getting 23 cruising the country roads at 50-60 range not many stoplights and traffic. down here in so cal my average is much lower, the terrain is hilly and alot of traffic and stop lights etc.

· Registered
1,415 Posts
Predator V2.0.2 Best Mileage Setting?

For those of you that use the latest Predator, which setting provides the best mileage? I'm not in to racing or "high performance". I only tow a 3,000 lb boat/trailer on occasion. I just want efficiency...... the added power is consequential for me. Knowing this, what other mods would be best for my application?

· Registered
274 Posts
21.69mpg with the bully dog power pup loaded in the 75hp mode on B20. Never got much above 20 in stock trim. 70mph.

The 95hp load seems to do good as well but the 50hp consistently gets worse than stock for some reason, at least for me.

· Registered
109 Posts
Driving back and forth from Dallas to Odessa TX I get about 18 headed west. Headed east i get about 21...hmmm, i wonder if wind direction has anything to do with it

· Registered
7,879 Posts
Driving back and forth from Dallas to Odessa TX I get about 18 headed west. Headed east i get about 21...hmmm, i wonder if wind direction has anything to do with it
You're going "down hill." When I travel to Colorado from TX, I always get better MPG's coming back than going. Until I get to San Antonio, then MPG's go to POT.

My best milage so far was a couple of weeks ago. All Interstate, held on 70 mph, no A/C, I got 17.8mpg. Normally around 14-15. :(

· Registered
120 Posts
WTF, my truck must be an inefficient POS because I get 15.5 mpg highway with Edge Juice on 1/1. I get about 13.5 in town with Juice on 5/5. This is hand calculated factoring in the milage difference from the 35" tires. How the hell are these people getting 17, 20 MPG? And by the way Juice made little to no difference in milage. If anything it's worse.

· Registered
201 Posts
:confused: This might be a stupid question, but how can you accurately "hand calculate" milage. I know you divide total miles by gallons used to get MpG. But if you already have oversize tires, in my case 35" isn't total miles misrepresented? Just askin.:confused:

· Registered
975 Posts
WTF, my truck must be an inefficient POS because I get 15.5 mpg highway with Edge Juice on 1/1. I get about 13.5 in town with Juice on 5/5. This is hand calculated factoring in the milage difference from the 35" tires. How the hell are these people getting 17, 20 MPG? And by the way Juice made little to no difference in milage. If anything it's worse.

Many people dont realize it, but changing tire sizes will make a difference in your mpg. In your case the 35s are most likely whats hurting your mpg.

· Registered
587 Posts
I know since I put the lift on my truck, I lost some MPG......
Higher truck also = more wind drag.....

· Registered
975 Posts
I just wanted to do a little test. I usually run the edge ez on level 1. I averaged about 16.7 mpg going between 75 and 80. I took it off and averaged about 17.5 mpg without the ez on. Small increase, but still worth noting.

· Registered
2020 GMC Sierra 2500 HD AT4
19 Posts
duramaxDoc,

I run an odometer check and figure out what % my odometer is off. In Ca, some of the interstate has white lines painted every 1/2 mi or mi. other states have mile markers. I run for 20 or 30 miles (or more) and see how far off the odometer is and then apply that percentage to the odometer miles when had calulating mileage. My 02 Dmax was off by 4% due to running one size larger tires without changing the size with a programmer.

· Registered
15 Posts
power pup

i had a power pup put in my 04.5 lly two weeks ago. in town mileage i used to get about 14mpg when i drove in town and about 17 on the highway. i am on christmas break and havent done any highway driving yet (commuting) with the chip, but in town i am now getting about 21.5 mpg. i have 285/75/r16. so far i am really impressed with the mpg and the extra 95hp

· Registered
1,415 Posts
i had a power pup put in my 04.5 lly two weeks ago. in town mileage i used to get about 14mpg when i drove in town and about 17 on the highway. i am on christmas break and havent done any highway driving yet (commuting) with the chip, but in town i am now getting about 21.5 mpg. i have 285/75/r16. so far i am really impressed with the mpg and the extra 95hp
Are you getting this (21.5mpg) from the DIC?

· Registered
309 Posts
The Banks Six Gun with the PDA on number 4 gives me 16.5 to 17 MPG mixed driving. Haven't towed since I installed it.

41 - 60 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.