Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys doing with the attitude when you go in for warranty work? It does not seem to be as removable as just the juice.... I feel comfortable leaving just my guage in there but showing the attitude to the dealer makes me on edge....

Anyone got pics of where they must stuff it... and what wires are left hanging....

Thanks

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
tell them its a broken xm radio..........or take it out

·
Registered
369 Posts
Personally on mine i will pull the juice box from the truck and tie wrap the EGT probe wires up and if they ask, say "never got to hooking it up yet" as for the attitude i will pull my wire back through the firewall grommet and remove the attitude, i have mine up near the shifter in park on the dash with velcro so its easy to remove, or for that matter if i park in a crappy neighborhood i can stick it inder the dash quite easily to conceal it also. The velcor on the dash almost looks like a nice spot to hang a cell phone if they start to ask questions!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I took mine in last week, unplugged everything, including the wire through the firewall. It takes 10 mins, is kinduv inconvenient, but oh well. I'mpast 36k, so now it's only engine warranty anways...

gsxr, Edge is coming out next week with a 3' ext for the Attitude. I'm going to run my wire to the overhead console, and trim out the removable blank cover (where a lot of guys mount guages). If I can get a spare cover, it would simply mean slipping the edge inside the cubby and covering with an uncut cover when I go to the dealer. Just a thought....

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Joe E,

that was my EXACT thought re: the attitude.. get a never cover and they'll never know what's under it

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Joe E said:
I took mine in last week, unplugged everything, including the wire through the firewall. It takes 10 mins, is kinduv inconvenient, but oh well. I'mpast 36k, so now it's only engine warranty anways...

gsxr, Edge is coming out next week with a 3' ext for the Attitude. I'm going to run my wire to the overhead console, and trim out the removable blank cover (where a lot of guys mount guages). If I can get a spare cover, it would simply mean slipping the edge inside the cubby and covering with an uncut cover when I go to the dealer. Just a thought....

Thats what i was looking for... Great idea.... Thanks...

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I just was told about the Attitude yesturday...not to start any thing but could I ask what the ballpark price is for the set up. Is it also safe to say you need to buy the Juice in order for the Attitude to work.

thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
FYI - I am getting the replacement panel from dmaxalliTech - good price, and always a pleasure to do business with.

NoWake, do a search on Attitude - you'll get more answers than you knew you had questions, and probably some more that you didn't think of. Yes, you need the Edge to use the Attitude - the Attitude is just a monitor/controller of the Edge. I got mine from Con's Performance Chips, highly recommended by me and some here, and had a very good price. You can do a Google search and get his info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts