Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been needing a tranny for a while now but mine has been holding up really good and hasn't ever limped, but I noticed the other day getting on the freeway in my rpms jumped while it was locked in 5th gear! I'm not planning on running anything to wild but I don't want any slipping! Would just a converter hold me for a while or is it the clutch packs that are actually slipping? Thanks guys

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well was I slipping the converter or the clutch packs? Does a shift kit alone keep the clutch packs from slipping?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so whats my cheapest options? i dont really think i need a suncoast 5 or anything but id like to be able to hold a decent tune like a hot juice or something.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also is there anything i can do with my efi live such as raise trans fluid pressures or anything?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Palm Treo 650: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.2) 16;320x320)

You cannot change line pressures in the trans with the computer. You have to put new valves in the trans. Your best bet for holding that level would be new clutches, transgo shift kit and a new converter.

Bentley

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So basically ill want a full suncoast kit? Isn't that ablot all they are is new clutch packs, shift kit, and your choice of a torque converter? I need to go cheap! Haha I just spent a lot on a lift and wheels so I don't have a lot of funding! Could I just replace the worn clutch packs and get a shift kit and a used converter? Thanks guys

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is more to it than just "new clutches" the C-2 mods in the drum and a upgraded torque converter are a must.You are wasting your time (and clutches) with out it!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.