Diesel Place banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been on this site for about a month now. Just ordered my PPE Hot+2ET and a MBRP 5" turbo back exhaust. Just curious what would be the next mod. Don't want alot of speed, it's my DD and I want her to last. Noticed something on here about a LB7 intake? Anything else I should do to her?

G

·
been on this site for about a month now. Just ordered my PPE Hot+2ET and a MBRP 5" turbo back exhaust. Just curious what would be the next mod. Don't want alot of speed, it's my DD and I want her to last. Noticed something on here about a LB7 intake? Anything else I should do to her?
No; LBZ intake and either the LBZ or LBZ Kodiak turbo mouthpiece. As you're reading the "Seen This Yet II" thread and contemplating which solution you're going to pursue, consider that if you retain your resonator (LBZ solution), you'll want to block that sucker to keep it from splitting and letting unfiltered air into your engine. You also want to block the EGR and reroute the PCV. While you are under the hood, go ahead and locate the FICM that is zip-tied to the alternator and insulate it with a split piece of heater hose and zip-tie it back in place. Buy an ice pick and put it in your glovebox and print off a copy of the ice pick instructions (find it with the search tool). Stuff a copy of the instructions in the glove box with your ice pick.

Welcome to the site!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I realize that my old eyes are not as sharp as you young pups but I haven't even been able to find that PCV tube! How much "stuff" do I have to remove to find it, let alone remove it?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I realize that my old eyes are not as sharp as you young pups but I haven't even been able to find that PCV tube! How much "stuff" do I have to remove to find it, let alone remove it?

Thanks,
Have you removed your EGR? If not I wouldn't even do the the re-route. Pulled my intake today, turbo is cleaner then before I had pulled my EGR. Checked the oil out of the PCV/Turbo Inlet and it was as clean as what was in the engine, why re-reoute?

G

·
Have you removed your EGR? If not I wouldn't even do the the re-route. Pulled my intake today, turbo is cleaner then before I had pulled my EGR. Checked the oil out of the PCV/Turbo Inlet and it was as clean as what was in the engine, why re-reoute?
You need to take a look at the interior of your intercooler. Pull the boots. Is there oil in there? I'd bet you'll find oil in there. The turbo puts a vacuum on the PCV system, which sucks oily mist into the turbo, which pressurizes it throughout the intercooler system. The reason for rerouting is that if you leave the stock system as it is, you'll build up enough oil in the intercooler that you'll blow the intercooler boots off under power. Then you have no power.

G

·

Thanks,
Take a look at the turbo mouthpiece. You'll have to remove the resonator (the plastic 6.6 L thingy). If you'll look in my garage, there are some pics that show mine post-reroute. If you still can't spot it, drop me a PM...

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Can the EGR be removed completely?
Yes, but you better be an advanced mechanic to go this far. The EGR actually is a necessary component to hold the intercoller tube to the intake. The better alternative is to gut the EGR or render it inoperatable. Then you would need a ''Fingers Stick''. ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Can the EGR be removed completely?
Yes you can, but it does take some mechanicing and fabrication. I cut my EGR up and used it as a bracket for holding the intercooler to inlet connection. Had to build covers to cover the exhaust connection and (2) inlets on the intercooler where they used to connect to the EGR. As well you will have to re-route the heater tube to bypass the exchanger on the EGR. Some one on site here sells a complete kit to remove this.

·
Registered
200 Posts
air intake, exhaust, programmer,guages if you need them
then block egr and get fingers stick and reroute pcv

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah got the PPE Hott+2 MBPR, EGR blocker, have the Kodiac MP in front of me. doing the PVC Reroute soon and also looking at gauges for a personal B-day gift. :) God I spoil myslef

·
Diesel Tuner
2,571 Posts
Stack a TS performance MP8 chip on it with your PPE and she will fly like a rocket. The mp8 is safe to stack. A lift pump would be another good investment. A Banks ram air intake with super scoop and a LBZ Kodiak turbo mouth piece will really put some air into your dmax.

Where are you from?

·
Registered
426 Posts
yeah got the PPE Hott+2 MBPR, EGR blocker, have the Kodiac MP in front of me. doing the PVC Reroute soon and also looking at gauges for a personal B-day gift. :) God I spoil myslef
be careful of the new found power as it can destory your stock tc and tranny. if your going for power numbers, plan to upgrade the tranny & tc. good luck and welcome to the site!:cool:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nah gonna stop there runn the thing on level 3 and don't really munch on it much. will take it to the strip in the late spring put it on level 5 just to see what it can do and leave it at that. save up for when the trann takes a poop

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stack a TS performance MP8 chip on it with your PPE and she will fly like a rocket. The mp8 is safe to stack. A lift pump would be another good investment. A Banks ram air intake with super scoop and a LBZ Kodiak turbo mouth piece will really put some air into your dmax.

Where are you from?

don't really want to stack stuff. it's quick enough as is. I was really only looking for MPG. I got the Kodiak MP here just waiting 4 warm weather.

I am from London, Ontario

·
Diesel Tuner
2,571 Posts
The Ts is safe to stack with other chips and programmers. You won't believe how fast your truck will be with one in it. I was really surprised when I put it in my truck.

·
Vendor
3,579 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.