Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
there are plenty of books at the bookstore that will give you all the figures including invoice, dealer holdback, current rebates and incentives etc. its pretyy easy to do the homework and get a good deal...when went in to the stealer, they gave me a number which i didnt like, then i gave them my number...1000 below invoice...we negotiated from there.....pick your best day to go deal..and beat em down ! later, bc

·
Registered
125 Posts
www.edmunds.com - Build the truck you want, it'll tell you what the dealer paid for it, including options, and what the suggested retail is.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Steal it, I suppose.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
You could steal Problemchilds Duramax and maybe he would throw in some money to boot.

Sorry PC, i was just kidding.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't think that the cheapest truck(no air) is a good value at any price, and impossible to resell. The truck you love is the best value.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Work for a company that supplies GM with parts, get the rebates, and save up a down payment, that way you can get brand new, nicely equipped LS/SLE for a used LS/SLE price. Or if you are from/near the Dallas area, a lot of the dealers will do $100 over invoice, but you won't get the rebates with that.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
There's more to the cost of ownership than you might be thinking about....

If you were to order such a truck, you better figure on driving it until it's ready for the junkyard, because the resale value on it would be nil...

You also need to consider who is going to be working on it. I've got problems with the Service Manager at the dealership where I got mine because while I thought I'd done my homework about that, it turned out I was wrong.

It's sort of like building a cheapy house in an exclusive neighborhood, you might get in cheap, but you'll always be fighting with the neighbors and you'll be stuck with it forever...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ac = weight = slower time slips. I have Ac in my curent d/a and my other truck think I used the ac 10 times in the last 12 years.

What I really look to to get a truck to make a racer out of. Maybe ill make a new post stating that.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If you just want to race with one, then what you're after is the way to go. Sorry for the assumption on my part.....

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Looks like you could build a manual Duramax for $23K.

There is Bang-for-the-buck!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Silverado 2500HD work Truck , D/A , AC Delete INVOICE 27032

Rebate - 3250

If you have GM card with enough points - 2000

Conquest Cash (may be) - 500

If you get one of the GM Coupons - 1000

-------------

Total Price including Destination 20282

(TTL extra)

Basically you could get the truck for as low as $20K

·
Registered
125 Posts
Damn... that's cheap enuff that I might jus' buy another one!..

·
Registered
511 Posts
I just got my '04 extendend cab LS, 2500HD, Duramax/allison. They gave me GM employee price minus the 2500 incentive (I do not work for GM). I got the truck for 32,400, the sticker was almost 42,000--and they gave me 11,000 for my '98 gasser which was paid for. You can see why I bought a new truck--when I was only looking for a used truck. A dealer down the road had the same truck in red (mine is dark gray) used, with 5,000 miles on it and there best price was 36,500! They also beat the best finance rate I could find on the internet---3.44%.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts