Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the dual 10" downfire box from SubThump. I already have a Alpine Type E 10" sub, so, that's what I'm running currently. BUT, I'd like to know what you guys are running as far as the SubThump downfire box goes. Have you tested different brand subs to see which sounds best off the factory deck using a PAC?

I'm stuck on either purchasing two brand new subs to fit the box, or, purchase one more Alpine Type E and live with those. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Budget?
Amp and its power rating?
SQ or SPL?

·
Registered
826 Posts
I do not know anything about the stereo stuff but a friend of mine that is really into it swears by "Memphis" stuff. Maybe they are just local here since I live close to Memphis.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Peerless xls is a good driver , mainly dedicated to home use but will perform for car audio, however I think the Alpine typeR or the Infinity Perfect 10.1 I am running are the best drivers that play well in that box. It also depends what you want the drivers to sound like , and what you listen too

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Infinity Perfects are some good sounding speakers

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
XLS has a separate car driver, totally different T/S parameters. The shallow mtg depth makes it choice for seat back apps.

Realy I was not aware of that it must be nice as they make decent home audio drivers , I used a few with some home brew subs , It was just tough to get any thing to keep up with the Martin Logans

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Memphis makes good subs and amps.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Infinity Perfect 10.1 has a much better response than the Alpine, I tested both before I picked one.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
ive been really diggin on the Visonik/kraco paper woofers. they sound really good on deck power.

dont run an amp, as they will blow

wal-mart has them, an amp, and a box for like 6 bucks:ro) ):h

1 - 13 of 13 Posts