Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of building a twin setup for my 03'. I was wondering what would be a good size turbo to match up with the stocker. I have a couple of different ones that I'm looking at now Precision Turbo PT91 or Garrett GT42 ......Am I thinking too small or would one of these be a good match for a "street'' twin setup. I am not looking to make the highest power, just burn every last ounce of fuel a stock injector will put out.:grd:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
IdahoeCTD/DTT has a twin setup, with a charger that will (with enough fuel and headstuds) be on the limit of streetability, I'v looked at the R&D and no matter how you cut it, it's still a good deal.

Use the CTD/DTT setup, wack the fuel to it:ro)

My guess is, if you have to ask, you don't know the answer. Why try to reinvent the wheel, think your gona save? And you don't need twins to drain the injectors, stock or otherwise. They lose pressure very easily, there are pumps comming out, but really there are only a few Twin CP3 setups (mabey one other) that can supply the fuel to the stockers now, and still be a daily driver.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand that it's not as easy as just "throwing" another turbo on.......I understand the way the a compound turbo setup works and I'm just looking for help choosing the correct size turbo to use as the large turbo in compound setup with a stocker for the "small" turbo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.