Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some chrome H2 wheels, can anyone tell me what I can expect to pay for the wheels and what size tires I can go with on a truck with no lift, I will just the torsion bars cranked up to level the ride? Thanks any info that can be provided would be awesome...:)

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
285's are very popular

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Looking for some chrome H2 wheels, can anyone tell me what I can expect to pay for the wheels and what size tires I can go with on a truck with no lift, I will just the torsion bars cranked up to level the ride? Thanks any info that can be provided would be awesome...:)
Tomac had:
33x12.5x17 TrXus MT's on silver H2 wheels
I thought the setup looked sweet and there was no lift needed.
See Pic below:
http://www.duramaxracing.com/images/013_13.JPG

He ended up swapping them out.
I PMed him a week or two ago asking why he changed them and never received a response (probably busy with work and the truck).
I would like to know why he swapped them out as I am very seriously considering purchasing a set.

·
Registered
744 Posts
just throw some 305's on your stockers :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
285/70R17 with torsions only. See pics in my garage.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Can anybody out there explain to me what "green keys" are? I've done the search but couldn't get a straight answer. I've got a set of chrome H2s sittin in my garage waiting for a set of tires - I'm thinking 285s but Tomac's setup with the 33x12.5 is REALLY sweet! That might be the way to go.

FYI - my H2's came off of ebay. There are always a few sets for sale there. Prices vary - if you're patient you can score a set for $200-$400 + shipping.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Green keys re-index the torsion bars at the rear mount. Basically, they are cranked before you start cranking.

I think that 285/70/17s look great! I have them on my truck with light trimming, and 4 turns on the stock keys. They fit fine with no cranking, but I wanted to bring the front up a little. (My Foose wheels came off of a Hummer, so the size/backspacing will be the same.)

More shots in My garage...

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
see my sig, I had to do some minor trimming of the airdam and I had to put a heatgun to the inner fenderwell. I was rubbing in one little spot. I did not crank the t-bars at all...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts