Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at these Diamo rims that they only come in 10" wide but I really like the rim style and would like to know what kind of tire would fit on that size without going way big. I wish they would make them with a narrower size too. Thank's

·
Registered
445 Posts
my sig has some that will fit.. and still be within normal size ratings.. just works awesome on the street.. but next time I am putting more offroad types on. I know 285s will work on 10" rims.. but if you hit a bump too hard it can pop the seal.. or it did on my friends anyway.. anything wider than that will just be that much better.

·
Registered
445 Posts
but then you would be rubbing unless you do a bit of touchup..

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What if I am going to be putting a leveling kit on it also? I will sledpull the truck every so often so I don't really want to strain the drivetrain more than normal with a susp lift if not needed. I am going to run the nice rims and matching tires in the warm weather and run the rims that come on the truck in the winter. I would like to run the new Diamo 17k Black rims with a safe and good handling tire. Is that backspacing o.k? I don't mind trimming the corner of the air dam any because I've done that on my Z71 after my 4" susp lift because of the Thornbirds I had.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
those wheels have a 5" Backspace which will make a 10" wide wheel stick out quite a bit. you can fit them with the 305/50/20s with a leveling kit and a good bit a trimming.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank's Z71 Offroader. I really don't want 20" ****** rims though. I'm not the huge look at my rims type. Don't want that to be the only thing people notice on the truck. How far out do you think they would stick out past the fender. I don't like mudflaps.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just noticed dieseldave01's truck in his garage has 285/75/16's with a 16x10" rim and it looks o.k. Does anyone have pics of their truck with 10" wide rims that don't have high lifts? Thank's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts