Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone tell me what the size of the adapter is that comes out of the auxiliary trans cooler that the cooler line screws into? It looks like 1" NPT coming out of the cooler down to a 7/8" NPT that is on the cooler line.

I want to install a B&M 70297 cooler. It has a 1/2" NPT female fitting. I think if I get a 1/2" NPT female to a 7/8" NPT male, I can install this without having to cut the factory lines. But I need to know the size of the factory end to make sure I get the right adapter. Anybody know for sure? Thanks.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike. You're a Saint.

Why the adapter if they're both 7/8" x 14 thread?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
You know, if you havn't purchased that cooler already, Mike makes a dandy cooler that's plug and play. Just unbolt the old and plug in the new. Nothing extra to buy or fab, just that easy........and it works great too! Bill

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know. I've chatted with him about it. I just trying to do it on the cheap if possible.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
You know on the internet you never know who your talking too......I've never met mike but I always picture Billy Bob Thorton......

Attachments

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well, I've been surfing the net and found a different cooler that may work better. It has AN-12 fittings, which I believe is very close to 3/4" NPT. It's from Setrab. Cooler measures 7.5"x13"x2". According to my calculations, it should have almost 2.5 times the cooling capabilities of the stock unit. Now I just have to find a AN-12 to NPT 7/8" adapter fitting and I'll be all set. They also have a 16" wide one, but that is over 3 times the cooling capability, I think that may be getting too much.

The more I thought about it, I really don't want to have to cut the factory lines. I guess I could just push the fitting down out of the way and use hydraulic 5/8" ID hose and a AN-12 to 5/8" barb adapter with double clamps on each end. We'll see.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Well, I've been surfing the net and found a different cooler that may work better. It has AN-12 fittings, which I believe is very close to 3/4" NPT. It's from Setrab. Cooler measures 7.5"x13"x2". According to my calculations, it should have almost 2.5 times the cooling capabilities of the stock unit. Now I just have to find a AN-12 to NPT 7/8" adapter fitting and I'll be all set. They also have a 16" wide one, but that is over 3 times the cooling capability, I think that may be getting too much.

The more I thought about it, I really don't want to have to cut the factory lines. I guess I could just push the fitting down out of the way and use hydraulic 5/8" ID hose and a AN-12 to 5/8" barb adapter with double clamps on each end. We'll see.
Looks like you are looking at my cooler.):h

There is no fitting to push out of the way. You must cut it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does weatherhead make the adapter I'm going to need: AN-12 make to 7/8" female??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts