Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know what my options are for my clutch/flywheel are now. i have not had any problems untill now with my predator on hte 85 hp mode but now that the injectors were replaced it gets hot real quick and slips easily. i can't run it with the predator any more. i wnat to know what my options are to replace the clutch/fly and about how much it costs. i am not going to get any more power than the predator but i may stack it with an edge juice/attitude but probably not. that is what i should have done in the first place. so i am sure i don't need any thing really beefy to put in there.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
i want to know what my options are for my clutch/flywheel are now. i have not had any problems untill now with my predator on hte 85 hp mode but now that the injectors were replaced it gets hot real quick and slips easily. i can't run it with the predator any more. i wnat to know what my options are to replace the clutch/fly and about how much it costs. i am not going to get any more power than the predator but i may stack it with an edge juice/attitude but probably not. that is what i should have done in the first place. so i am sure i don't need any thing really beefy to put in there.

You can wait untill the SBC single disk clutch is finished or if you are in need of something right away then talk with Evan Davis over at Crank It Up, he has some single disk clutches with a single mass flywheel ready to go. I think either one will give you the performance and reliability that your looking for. I also know that there are many other company's that are making clutches for the ZF6's now but keep in mind that if it's still bolted to the stock DMF then it's no more reliable then stock.

Hope this helps,
Wade

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
robertleeii;

Another option is to order a SBC single mass flywheel dual disc clutch kit. The ceramic version will hold more power than you are likely to get and if you wish to do serious sled pulling in the future you can get the clutch plates redone with feramic "buttons" and the kit will hold even more power. These are already in production and I have about a half dozen shipped and they are working well! The cost is $1795 plus shipping and handling. Installation instructions are available. This kit will probably last as long as your tranny!

Your DMF will keep failing and you will either have to keep replacing it or get a SMF kit.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i would recomend my single because it has a sprung hub and is more user friendly that way, all of my DD kits and SBC DD kits are not sprung at all. for the stricly street app. the single is the smoothist, most stock driving thing i have ben around.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Evan, What kind of price range are we looking at for the Macs Single Disk SMF setup?

Ruke

·
Registered
279 Posts
$1650 with everything

·
Registered
255 Posts
$1650 with everything? Was exactly is everything?

·
Registered
279 Posts
SMF, P Plate, Disk, what did you think.......?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Everything might also include new flywheel bolts, pilot bearing and alignment tool.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ahhh, Alignment tool. Might be a nice thing to have. LOL

Ruke

·
Registered
279 Posts
well duhhh.. every clutch kit comes with the tool and a pilot bearing. come on guys..................

·
Registered
426 Posts
So its $1650 plus installation right. and install by u is $500.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I have had a number of customers, who have had little if any transmission experience. install their SMF/DDC kits themselves. It has taken some time but they have all been successful and it does save them some money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts