Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sEE My sig........... I need more. I'm thinking weight loss,better tires,traction bars. NOS? propane? I don't think I will ever be satisfied. Would be really nice to break into the 11's. I'm expecting/hoping for a mid-low 12 second run with the twins, whatta ya think?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so bad, I'd like to work in the field somewhere, somehow. I LOVE working on vehicles.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Money for mods. gets ya out of bed in the morning! This site is a motivator...at least thats what I tell my wife:)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ooh I know what about one of those turbo setups you put on your exhaust side? :grd:

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
sEE My sig........... I need more. I'm thinking weight loss,better tires,traction bars. NOS? propane? I don't think I will ever be satisfied. Would be really nice to break into the 11's. I'm expecting/hoping for a mid-low 12 second run with the twins, whatta ya think?
God I thought I had it bad!!! I'd stay away from the propane and H2O/meth, been there done that, have new head gaskets to prove it. Didn't see it in your sig, but could be one of those acronyms you guys are so good at and that I can never get, but you better start thinking about head studs before you go much further. I have head studs and still blew the head gaskets with propane and H20/meth, most feel it was probably the H20/Meth.

I'm headed for IdahoCTD's for a new MITUSA lift pump tomorrow. What are you getting for boost? What is the exhaust manifold back pressure? I have get more fuel and get the twins tuned and then see. Think a guy has to be a little careful. You ever see one of these things blow up? It's ugly. I seriously leaning toward the EFIlive as well. Plan to run both on the 15th in Vancouver at the FAST Specialites Diesel Dyno Day.

One last thing, what did you do with the inner fender where to downpipe from the lower turbo runs close by? Mine was melting so bad had to cut a chunk out of it. Not sure a LLY downpipe runs as close to the inner fender as a LB7? Have fun.
:ro)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
inner fender is off for now, needs a LOT taken out, haven't had time yet.
I think somethings wrong with my truck, just can't see sub 13's with all this. I would expect such with my mods. Maybe a 4x4 launch actually takes away that much time? I haven't done one yet too scared. Nos and propane would really be a last resort, but I want consitant sub 13's on the street.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I need someone knowledgable to drive my truck and tune it!!!!! Something I'm doing is not right.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
inner fender is off for now, needs a LOT taken out, haven't had time yet.
I think somethings wrong with my truck, just can't see sub 13's with all this. I would expect such with my mods. Maybe a 4x4 launch actually takes away that much time? I haven't done one yet too scared. Nos and propane would really be a last resort, but I want consitant sub 13's on the street.
Have you got your turbos balanced? Did you install boost gauges in your exhaust manifold. (drive pressure) as well as out of the big turbo in addition to the main one that the reads what the engine sees so you can get an idea what they are doing? Adjusting that waste gate on the bottom turbo makes a big difference. We launched my truck in 4x4 with up to 15 psi of boost. Very quick, no tire spin and hooks and pulls very hard. I'd invest in the caltracs, and sleeves and also transfer case brace. They are not that expensive and you can try the 4x4 launch.

Be sure an call Nathan about the turbos, he can walk you through it.
:grd:

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you logged your actual fuel rail psi? Maybe the one lift pump is not enough.
No actually I haven't. I will have to do more logging. I kinda wondered if that may be a problem only having one.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
I would add a second lift pump. Watch rail pressure during a WOT run as Bobo said. Even with my twin KD pumps, fuel supply press dropped to about 4.5 PSI on the dyno.

This is JMO, but I would stay clear away from propane/water meth. Just way too easy for something to go wrong and go boom with those things... I dont even think id want to run nitrous on my truck...

Ben

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you got your turbos balanced? Did you install boost gauges in your exhaust manifold. (drive pressure) as well as out of the big turbo in addition to the main one that the reads what the engine sees so you can get an idea what they are doing? Adjusting that waste gate on the bottom turbo makes a big difference. We launched my truck in 4x4 with up to 15 psi of boost. Very quick, no tire spin and hooks and pulls very hard. I'd invest in the caltracs, and sleeves and also transfer case brace. They are not that expensive and you can try the 4x4 launch.

Be sure an call Nathan about the turbos, he can walk you through it.
:grd:
No I haven't done any of the above. I just have the one boost guage mounted where Nathan made provisions. Heck I don't even know what drive pressure is. I don't have a wastegate.:help2:

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What PID is actual rail pressure?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nevermind it is the very first one listed, oops.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Get your new lift pumps yet? Make sure your valve is shimmed to .050 or more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.