Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best manual I should buy for my '99 'burb? I'm thinking I should get one from GM, am I right? I won't be near a shop, so I need to have access to the best info I can.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
www.helminc.com is where you get new GM manuals, ebay sometimes has them as well, I've seen a few ebayers selling manuals on CD

·
Registered
97 Posts
Don't buy a shty Chilton what ever you do! I'd sue them if I thought I could get around the disclaimer they have printed in the front of their manuals. Why buy a manual if you can't trust the info to be complete and accurate?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the CD or DVD-ROM manuals? I kindof prefer a hard copy, but do the electronic manual cover more? or less?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I have 96 GM/Helm set, Two books. I think they cover every thing. Helm only offers the 96 & 2000 sets.GM/Helm has a set of four that is for the 2000 year. I bought the set of four for a 2000 so I don't need the 96 set. PM me for more info if you want.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Chilton = Suck
Haynes = Suck

Granted the Haynes Diesel Engine manual is not bad.

... I need to save up for the GM factory set.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
My 98 4 book set set came from Helm in 2000 so maybe they print bi-annually or just print so many and when gone are gone, 2000 set would cover all that is in your 99, that would be best option IMO, specially since been my experience I can find info easier/faster hard copy vs electronic media, most search engines on electronic ones use a wholly different methodology than average wrench turner would use to find stuff, easy for a IT weenine to find it, a PITA for the rest of us.

·
Registered
153 Posts
eBay

djuetten;1599672; said:
What is the best manual I should buy for my '99 'burb? I'm thinking I should get one from GM, am I right? I won't be near a shop, so I need to have access to the best info I can.
I bought a used GM C/K truck 4 volume set for my '98 on eBay for $45. I saw the same set like new go for $60.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts