Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an 02 LB7 and want to know who has the best programs. Trans is in the near future. Also, is it a good idea to look into an additional fuel pump and bigger fuel lines in order to get the most out of the programming. Injectors????????

Cetane

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
From what i no you wont need injectors or lines. The stock fuel pump cant keep up right now. There are mods coming out but untill then stock injectors and lines are fine.

Fore tune, if you have the time and effort, EFI live is a great program. Edge is another great box and you get boost and pyro with the attitude. PPE makes a strong programmer as does TTS perfromance. Do a serach there are lots of threads on what makes good power and what doesent. O yo VA is also a good one.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
If a trans is in the very near future, I would suggest the TTS Extreme and lift pumps. Look at very recent threads for TTS Extreme dyno numbers...VERY impressive!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
more fuel pumps couldnt hurt even on stock tuning. if youre looking for big programming though yes you will want fuel pumps.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
yeah....I agree with onetallgmc!! Do the trans first, and then buy a TTS Extreme and lift pumps. Thats all you'll need to run high 12's-low 13's all day long!!

--Ben

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
O and reading my post over i realise i may have been confusing. When i said fuel pump i meant the CP3 injection pump not anything else. Yes and auxillary fule pump would help to get the fuel to the IP but fromt there your limited by it.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Not to be an a$$, but check the search button. This issue has been asked alot.

·
Registered
795 Posts
My personal experience is a lift pump is going to give you very little if anything for running low 13s. The engine was bursting/bucking when I turned the Edge HJ up past 3 with Quad on 215 before the lift pumps and I still burst/buck after the install.
I may have other issues but the lift pump was not the answer. My ETs may be a few hundreths lower after the Lift Pump addition or the lower ETs could be the results of few pounds I removed from the truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts