Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2004.5 Duramax, last week, I have racked up about 2k miles. I need more power !!!!
So far I have ordered a banks exhaust kit. I need to know who's (programmer / box) will make the most power. I also would like to know if anyone knows who makes an intake kit for the 2004.5 trucks? Thanks

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Nothing yet. You will have to wait a bit yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Talked to Bully Dog today and they said "2-3 weeks out." We have had LOTS of people comming into the shop asking about the new LLY motor but we have nothing! Have heard things about AFE working on an intake...the older ones will not work. Kinda the same thing with the Cummins 600...nothing out yet....well a few things.

Dan

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it would be a wait.... However, on the LB7 engines, who has the best programmers/ modules for the most HP

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Some say Edge, some say Quad. You will have to do your own research on this matter and decide what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
If you go with the tranny upgrade, then I would get the TTS Extreme. It's about the max in the fueling department. Then if thats not enough, you get out the N2O, and the water/meth injection. If thats not enough then talk to JKennedy about the KD injectors. How fast do you want to go? You might have to wait a few more for some of the up grades though. Super Diesel

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I'd LOVE to get out front with the first LLY box/program released, and sell a ton of them BUT experience says, you don't likely want to be one of the first to have one, and I'd rather not deal with all of the early updates...

Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised, but only time will tell. I think the turbo may make playing tricks on the ECM a bit more difficult...

Could always try propane... Edited by: Kennedy

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
I do worry about the new VGT turbo....no wastegate and controlled by eccentric sliding vanes is great for spoolup and response, but what will happen with them when we start 'pouring the coals' to them.... will they overboost and go boom? or worse yet, with the egr and more soot cause the vanes to stick.... either way it will be interesting to see what the new tuners do for it!

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I think it will be more of a MAF/boost relationship issue as well aspossibly EGR flow depending on how things are written and tied together.

The programmers know far more than I about this interaction. I only know that it can be quite finicky in many cases...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Conformation from Edge this morning that they have an Juice and Monitor in the testing stages on the new LLY, but no release dates as of yet.

If the new LLY with the VGT turbo is as fun as a turned up Ford 6.0's........

AND if they sound have as sweet.....I think this new LLY motor is going to be great for the performance world!

Dan

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Vender Fourm...........Same great price

1 - 13 of 13 Posts