Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a cummins convert! Yes thanks I like my new Crew cab Duramax with the Allison. Heck I love it. Except for the 95 being top speed. Ok With the cummins I had to change clutches and lots of high dollar stuff for power.

Not doing that again. I want more power, and things, but I dont want to hurt that awesome tranny. I dont want to take it to DTT, Suncoast, ATS, or anything. I want a stock tranny and a more powerful than stock truck. Plus I want to get above 95 mph.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Quadzilla and Juice seem to be the popular ones around here. Quad will likely work better for you because the Juice won't get rid of the top end speed limiter. You should be safe with the 110hp or 135hp version of Quad on your stock tranny.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Oh yeah, Congratulations on seing the light

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks MaxPower. This is a great site. I have a site also. www.kydtr.com Thing is most of them are dodge owners, and we have a few Duramax people. I am glad I came here. You are all welcome to come over and post anytime with me. We are not as good as here, but some great guys and gals.

Who has the best Quad price?

·
Registered
238 Posts
You can get all of the scoop at the various vendor sites. The Juice with the Attitude controller would be the best. No need for additional gauges and will more than accomplish what you are looking for with no need to keep reflashing the PCM.

Jess

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome I have the predator and love it you can recalibrate speedometer for bigger tires up the speedlimiter to 130 and its pretty easy to program only takes 5 min

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I would like to try the quad 135. I CAN NOT limp my stock tranny with juice/attitude 125hp. And I have tried!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hired Gun said:
Thanks MaxPower. This is a great site. I have a site also. www.kydtr.com Thing is most of them are dodge owners, and we have a few Duramax people. I am glad I came here. You are all welcome to come over and post anytime with me. We are not as good as here, but some great guys and gals.

Who has the best Quad price?

Lets see - the President goes Ford and the VP goes GM. Life at kydtr should get real fun real soon. LOL

Congrats Jared.

Question for you guru's - does the Juice Atittude eliminate the speed limiter? I know it have setting for a ton of stuff and has the guage functions which is too cool? Sweet box but so far for the power hungry, I am still shacking my head over Quads 215 box. Man that thing rocked on BMDMAX's truck.

·
Registered
238 Posts
No, the Attitude will not correct the factory speedo. Only shows the right speed on the display. You have to get a box that will reflash the PCM to correct the Speedo. Stealth does not have all of the tools that the Predator has. But the tunes are a bit better and it will run cooler EGT.

Jess

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
You need a trany to run the 215 stealth. Most believe the hot juice or the 135 stealth is pushing it. And if your going to get tranny work done you might as well buy the juice/attitude and the quad and stack em

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya we are all buying new trucks David. Didnt you get the memo. Dual Tandem is buying. So sign up now. HEHEHEHEHE

I looked at a predator yesterday at a local accessory shop. He said it was 450.00 is that about right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yes I bought mine for 450 and I havent found it cheaper anywhere yet

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Ya run big tires? The bigger the tires the worse the trans will slip. I could roast my 245's. Heck, I could roast all 4!
I switched to 265's and the 4x4 smoking slowed a little bit...and then... the dreaded 305's. Man, I don't know about your tranny but mine just gives up on hard accel. 1st to 2nd is a little slow, 2nd to 3rd drags a little, 3rd to 4th is almost a joke and 4th to 5th feels like I've put one wheel in runny peanutbutter for just a second.
......... But, Sun Coast does have a fix for this "lagging" problem.

Burner-------->

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I also looked at a Wetern Diesel plug in box. Looked like an Edge juice. They said it will really roast the tires off the truck. I had all the power upgrades in the dodge, and when the pump went, they would not warranty it because it threw a code. I dont want that with the Chevy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts