Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to walmart to see what they had and all I found was fram oil filters. I'm going to use shell rotella 15w 40. But rather have a ac delco filter. Would the fram filter be a good choice or should I shop around for a ac delco? Butch.

·
Registered
372 Posts
go to www.fleetfilter.com you can get the napa wix filter equivalent to the oem for a fraction of the price. They also have the fuel and tranny filters very inexpensive also. Buy in bulk! Don't buy fram, they are JUNK! Actually they are about the worst filters on the market.

Tim

·
Registered
281 Posts
Quaker State Oil Filter?

Alan Young GMC in Ft. Worth did my first oil change (at 3,000 miles) and I just looked at the parts listed on the invoice and see that they used a Quaker State filter and Royal Purple 15-40 synthetic. I was expecting to see AC Delco on both.

Anyone know about the merits of Quaker State filter? Royal Purple Synthetic?

Thanks to all for this great site.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
butch32;1603635; said:
Just went to walmart to see what they had and all I found was fram oil filters. I'm going to use shell rotella 15w 40. But rather have a ac delco filter. Would the fram filter be a good choice or should I shop around for a ac delco? Butch.
Eric at Merchant Automotive, www.gmdieseltech.com has all the oem ACDelco's and Allison filters for your truck...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Advance and AutoZone carry the AC Delco filter for 8 bucks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i use hastings oil filters.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Longbowdriver;1606546; said:
Really?? That is good to know in a pinch. I usually order all my filters from fleetfilter.com but I thought I had one left last week and didn't so I had to wait for the order to come in to service the truck. I'll keep that in mind!

Tim

·
LT. Dan
6,817 Posts
royal purple is good oil. dont think you will have anyproblems running it. amsoil makes an excellent oil and filter combo for the dmax. i run their 5w-30 diesel oil with their 25k miles eao oil filter. no complaints so far

·
Registered
387 Posts
You may consider a Fumuto valve drain plug. Makes changing and sampling oil easier.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Longbowdriver;1606546; said:
Also carried by O'Reilly.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Fumuto Drain valve.!!

I second the Fumuto drain valve, Have one on the Kodiak and am replacing the Kodiak with another wide butt, 2007.5/ or 2008 what ever GM decides to build in May, I will order another Fumuto. Can't order until the last week of April ???? What is GM doing? Not building the 3500HD until May.... GBY....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts