Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 03' D/A last night. Its my first one so I'm a complete noob at the diesels. What next? It has 63,000 miles is there anything I need to look for on this truck at that mileage?

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Now that is a dangerous question to ask around here. I was looking for the answer to that very same question not to long ago and as you can see buy my sig it is a path to the dark side but it sure is a fun trip. ):h

Now really though I started with a intake and exhaust and then the edge box. From there it is all on how crasy you want to get. You can "stack" boxes and then there is the tranny witch is a must to run high HP. So have fun and I am sure you will catch on quick I know I sure did....;)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Do you know when the fuel filter was last changed? If not, you might want to change it just for good measure.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
It would probably be easier if you told us the maintenance history on your ride if records do exist.If there are none,personally I would change all filters and fluids ASAP.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked in the glovebox and there was not a diesel supplement book in there. What was in it? Is there anyplace to get an electonic version online?

I assume it has the maintenece scehdules in it, so right now it seems kinda important.

Anybody know?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I think you're going to have to get it from Helms in your owner's manual in the rear.Can't you ask the previous owner where it is and where are all the warranty work receipts from the dealer???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts