Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have an 06 lbz. i run the edge with juice(level 3 ocasionally 4 sepends whos next to me....) afe full intake, turbo back 5" exhaust(no cay or muffler) and a tranny go jr. got an egr blocker on the way. what should i do next? i thought bought swithing to efi live or ppe. will my tranny hold one of those ok? i tow a 32 foot weekend warrior twice a month but mostly driving round town. im just looking for more power maybe some more smoke. thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
If you want big power and don't have time to build your on tunes get a PPE, but you can make so many more changes with EFI. I got PPE because I can see myself blowing stuff up with EFI, I slightly mentally challanged:D

·
Registered
378 Posts
Get a tranny upgrade then you are going to need a lift pump with EFI live or PPE.

·
Registered
414 Posts
ok so i have an 06 lbz. i run the edge with juice(level 3 ocasionally 4 sepends whos next to me....) afe full intake, turbo back 5" exhaust(no cay or muffler) and a tranny go jr. got an egr blocker on the way. what should i do next? i thought bought swithing to efi live or ppe. will my tranny hold one of those ok? i tow a 32 foot weekend warrior twice a month but mostly driving round town. im just looking for more power maybe some more smoke. thanks for the input
I'm in the same boat as you are. Good question, I was about to ask it!:D I think after this stage, is the point of no return!:D

·
Registered
974 Posts
PPE works great with the stock tranny, but im sure it will be a hell of a lot better with a built trans;)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so with the ppe whats a good tune to run? i might just gohead with the tranny upgrade.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
With a built tranny and a lift pump levels 5 and 6 rock! although you can run these levels on a stock tranny your on borrowed time so I'd stick to level 4 or less with a transgo JR. and 3 or less totally stock tranny If you want to play it safe. Lots of guys are running the Hot settings on a stock tranny but most have a tranny planed in there near future.

·
Registered
538 Posts
if $ is not a prob. just do a Suncoast III or IV and a good lift pump and you can use the ppe all the way up to the 350hp tune. The 425 hp tune needs twin CP3's and possibly larger turbo.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have the ppe standard and i run it on level 3 on a stock tranny and it runs great, i plan on doing a torque converter and transgo jr kit

·
Registered
107 Posts
what next

Transmission now or later!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts