Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's new guys?

How's the price of oil affecting people?

·
Registered
225 Posts
All good for me in the Mac! It's still amazing that dezl is the price it is, especially more than gas.. Anyone know why?

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because diesel is produced at 100% capacity or over. Europe cant produce much diesel to the higher environmental standards they have but the States can. So lots is shipped overseas and they ship theirs back.
Creates a constant self made shortage that we pay for.
If they put a couple plants down for maintenance or a problem, it gets worse.

Plus, gas consumption has gone down, but diesel has gone up.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I thought all Alberta dezl was produced here I read in a news clip? If it gets much more of a spread it won't be worth it unless you need a dezl for pulling and such..

·
Registered
225 Posts
Btw I finally did the RD - Bentley trip for a ceasar!.. My rzrs are sum fun on that River. Did it twice as a matter fact in January..

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Apparently from what the sales guy told us the other week, there is a projected increase in u.s. Housing starts, so thats good for the lumber industry. Not sure how true that is if oil tanks anymore.

I personally havent seen a difference. Going to work i see rigs all over and in town there is oilfield traffic everywhere. I havent noticed as many fracking rigs, but im sure they are around.

Sure would be nice if diesel dropped down. Its getting old paying over a buck a litre while the hippie in the prius gets cheap gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts