Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a curious question. My engine is coded as an H.O. 6.5. Just exactly what is the difference in it and the other engines? This is a 94 model truck.

Thanks,
D'Wayne

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mine is an "S" type engine, the "light duty" one. I believe the main difference is mine has an EGR system and yours does not. I also think that they de-tuned mine from the factory slightly so it had a bit less power. You probably knew this already though. Maybe the more experienced fellows can give you more technical feedback.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
i'd agree with silvy, i hear the egr is referred to as an (s) engine and non egr is referred to as (f) and the talk on this site is s = slow and f = fast.... and the only way to get that is more effin power making it H.O........

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The lack of the EGR, a different intake becuase of no EGR, different tuning in the ECM, and if I remember correctly, different precups in the heads for more power vice economy.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
NVTMTN gets a gold star for paying attention, also a few changes in gearing for LD 3:42 & 3:73 most common in LD, lower axle rating 6 bolt vs 8 bolt wheels, but all that can be fixed you don't have to stay S forever

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also seem to remember reading here that the IP was a lil different on these models also. A different model number that cost more $$$$$?

All I know is, is that this thing runs awesome, with no hiccups or issues...."so far" short of some mysterious missing coolant, but am working on that.

My brother-in-law got to drive it the other day and had a nice smile on his face when done. The only other diesel he has driven was a friends 01 Dodge, and he made sure that I knew my truck was no slouch compared to the Dodge. Kinda gives ya the warm fuzzies doesn't it?... ):h

·
Registered
538 Posts
NVTMTN gets a gold star for paying attention...
dam, i was hoping for one :p:

Always learning here, thats for sure. I wasn't aware that the pre-cups were different.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
dam, i was hoping for one :p:

Always learning here, thats for sure. I wasn't aware that the pre-cups were different.
Yes you get one too :D Kids,,,, Where's mine ):h

·
Registered
504 Posts
How much lighter is a K1500 than a K2500? 180HP vs 190HP no?
Power to weight...might not be a noticeable difference in performance between the 2....

·
Registered
449 Posts
All 6.5's are ho's.
The more you pay them,
the more they firk you.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
How much lighter is a K1500 than a K2500? 180HP vs 190HP no?
Power to weight...might not be a noticeable difference in performance between the 2....
Mine was 6480 # with full tank of fuel & me in it, probably about 200# lighter now that I converted from drum to disk brakes on rear and dual caliper with aluminum housings up front

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
What makes a 6.5 H.O.? Read my sig. :ro) :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts