Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting an 8" Fabtech lift on my 04 2500HD 4x4, and I want to replace the stock rubber front brake lines with SS braided/teflon brake lines. The Fabtech instructions have you bend down the steel brake lines and reattach them to the frame with a short bracket thereby allowing you to reuse the stock rubber brake lines, but I'd rather upgrade to SS braided brake lines.

My questions are:
1) What length SS braided brake lines should I get? The stock rubber lines are about 34" long end to end (I ran a wire along side to approximate their length). So should I just get a SS brake line about 8" longer?
2)What size/type of fittings should be on the ends of the SS braided brake lines? (3AN, 4AN, straight on truck frame end, banjo, 90 or ? on brake caliper end)? The stock is a straight fitting on frame end and 90 bent tube with banjo fitting on the caliper end.

Thanks.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm not sure it's "legal" to post links to other websites, but I'll give it a try. I got mine from xtremecrawlers.com because of this thread on pirate:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291865

They are really made by crown performance and are awesome lines. Definately made my pedal feel a bit stiffer. I just measured mine and added 6" since I had a full drop kit. There were 3 lines included with the kit. I do wish I put a couple extra inches on the rear though for flexing. Keith was great and knew exactly what ends I would need when I told him what truck I had. Great service and fast shipping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts