Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put the BFG AT's I had on my K1500, before I traded it in, onto my 2500 HD CC/SB D 4x4. I had to trim the valences in the wheel wells some for clearance, mostly on the drivers side. What kind of tire pressures are others running in their BFG AT's ?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
50 front, 40 rear unloaded, 50 in rear when towing a 24' enclosed snowmachine trailer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I run 55 front and 45 in the back when unloaded. I think the ride is a little better when you stagger them when not towing.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
What load range are they? That makes a difference. Since they were on a 1/2 tonner, they could be LRC and not LRD or LRE.
I have 265's on mine, and I run 50 in the front and 45 in the rear unloaded. The front axle never really changes that much unless you have a snow plow, so I never change them. I only change the rears when I load it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Unloaded I run 65 in the front and 35 in the back. It rides much better with the low pressure in the back and steers better with max air in the front. Also with the weight of the dmax and a replacement front bumper the back tires don't bulge as much as the front ones do.

·
Registered
513 Posts
50 front, 40 rear unloaded.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Keep mine maxed all the time. I also rotate every three thousand miles. And used to get 70,000 miles out of them till i found this Place and started adding Go Fast Mods now I will be lucky to get 60,000.:ro) ):h

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine are load range D as the E's weren't out in 285 when I bought them.
I figure as long as I'm not running with a heavy tow I'll be fine. If I have to haul something heavy I'll just put the stock tires/rims back on.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
50 all corners... but I may go up a little in the front, they do bulge a little.

70,000 out of set of tires!!! I wish.. Darn right foot

·
Registered
208 Posts
Tire pressure

I used to run 50-40 but I tried 45-35 and the ride is much better and I haven't seen any wear problems.... 285's on stock rims. Nokean Vativa tires.

·
Registered
98 Posts
tire pressure

40-40 rides nice and rotate every 5-6 thousand miles. Wear is even after 10,000 mi.

·
Registered
128 Posts
when I had them, 65 all around and wore even, pulling trailer. I feel lucky to get 10,000 miles.):h

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Well I don't have bfg's but I do have 285's and I run 55 in all 4... Seems to be the nicest ride. No issues with rubbing or anything..

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
40-42 psi all around unless towing or hauling. Excelent wear pattern at 30k now. See also the post above about not liking the 285 BFGs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No BFG's. Just got Firestone Destination M/T and dealer told me to run 35 all around to keep the center from wearing out like you see on so many trucks. 285's really DO look nice on these trucks!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts